Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Round number bug (android chrome)

Started by Parsnipstew [2738309] on in Bugs & Issues.

1 replies · 18 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
30 / 100

Most-liked replies

Parsnipstew [2738309]
Hi, when I type numbers, particularly when sending money or banking, certain values (such as 1000, 100,000 or 1,000,000 and multiples thereof) will update mid-type to my entire balance, making it impossible to send sensible values. For example, with a balance of 1,850,000, if I type 1-0-0-0 then the entire value will autoupdate up to 1,850,000. I have to sen 1,010,000 in order to be able to not send my entire balance.

This seems to occur when my total money is within an order of magnitude of the amount I wish to send.

When using on chrome for windows, a more helpful version of this occurs, where my whole balance is entered if I exceed my on-hand money value. eg I have 84000. I enter 1-0-0-0-0-0 and it rounds down to my total of 84k. I believe the bug to be a broken implementation of this feature
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
If you are using Google Keyboard, it has a habit of auto-correcting "100" to 100 emoji upon pressing any character after entering 100 in a text box. This results in the system entering full money on hand in the field.

I have explained about the issue and how to resolve it in this report.

There's this confirmed report on the same topic waiting to be resolved.

Thanks!

Mentions: [Mobile] Bounty amount autofill? · Money rounds to max after third zero