31 replies · 622 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
Posts archived:32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
RadicalFanatic[1483140] · #21 · edited
The problem is early discharge is just broken, I have seen factions abuse it in torn events, in ranked wars l, I have repeatedly been in situations where I'm getting 7-8 hour hosp times while my enemy's have immunity, I have had people attack me and lose and still get early discharge to hosp/mug me immediately after with full health. I have spent 3bil in bounties and have had it dissappear 50 minutes later due to fake war early discharge abuse.
What's the point of even becoming the strongest in torn anymore? It's not like you will ever overcome early discharge, honestly I constantly find myself being hosped knowing that there's nothing I can do about it because of early discharge.
Honestly at this point just give early discharge to everyone at all times, let's see how well torn does with a broken mechanic being abused.
situations where I'm getting 7-8 hour hosp times while my enemy's have immunity
Because your opponents are being hit from the outside and hence they're receiving early discharge.
attack me and lose and still get early discharge to hosp/mug me immediately after with full health
ED only restores the health up to what you had prior to being attacked. So most likely would be that after they attacked you and lost, they medded out up to full health, then got hit by an outside hit to trigger early discharge.
I have spent 3bil in bounties and have had it dissappear 50 minutes later
That's entirely your fault for continuing to bounty someone who has ED available lol
You can't just claim a mechanic is 'broken' and 'being abused' because it doesn't work the way you want it to.
RadicalFanatic[1483140] · #24 · edited
1. I find that seriously unfair regardless since I was perma hosped and med/revive locked for 3 days straight while they enjoyed immunity and set up a fake war for there chain.
2. Is wrong they had the early discharge symbol with lost to radical fanatic.
3. Is wrong as well thats when they fake warred and got early discharge easily.
In all instances you brought up early discharge wasn't being used as intended.
But I kind of totally wish the bonus hits were more frequent in the ranked warring
back in the old way, you would get a big bonus at 100 chain, then chain resets and you do it again.
I think that allowed for more potential back and forth swings in the tug of war style battle
nowadays, the big respect bonuses come farther and farther apart the higher you get
if a faction is getting pinned down, they could potentially have to chain like 1000 or 2500 hits to get the next big respect bonus to help swing the war
whereas if the respect bonus was more frequent in ranked wars, this may help potential for better back and forth, over what we largely see now in pin the opponent and keep ‘em down
It's a totally viable strategy that shouldn't be removed, Just because YOU made a smaller faction for the sole purpose of RW doesn't mean the games mechanics should be changed to suit your needs.
Stop making throw away factions for RW then bitching about it being unfair.
Just saw the post, It's true Rank war is new and might need more changes on coming days on many factors.
Coming to the point, I would disagree on being called as unfair and abused the system.
Your faction have two players that have battle stats 2/3 times more than our biggest player. So to make a chance at winning we made a strategy to pull respect as much as possible in initial hours and avoid giving any respect to opponent. To avoid giving respect either we have to continuously hit opponents or keep ourself at hospital. As we have many small levels and can't win over yours in many cases (also kinda less active) we took the step to make ourselves unavailable which I think is completely fair.
Also, You two could have attacked us and kept our bigger hitters at bay easily from the start in which case we could have done nothing much except watching as you can easily win us all over. But that didn't happen and we moved quickly to take a lead. So basically it's a late action of yours after war started and not the system abuse that we are having lead.
Everybody who goes for war wants to win. So to win the war we did what we had to do within the system rules and regulations.