Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

YARG - Yet Another Racing Guide [For Rank B]

Started by MrRightSA [2652679] on in Tutorials & Guides.

5 replies · 4.82k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
54
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
74 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

Most-liked replies

MrRightSA [2652679]

This series was about getting to A class in the most efficient way possible and really only for me but I'm sure there are others that are min/maxers on efficiency so hope these threads help.

This would mostly only be relevant if you took heed of my Rank E and D guide here as well as my Rank C guide here. E and D is not so important since most of the points you get are in C and now B.

Unlike C Class where it was patience that was key to cruise into B class, I basically just threw my now upgraded Sierra Cosworth at every track and placed on 93% of races


The actual breakdown of 1st to 4th is below;

The average points I got by throwing my Sierra Cosworth at everything was 1.96 so basically I averaged 2nd place every race however if I were to do it all again, I would cut out some tracks.
At the very least I would cut out Speedway, Docks and Withdrawal which would give me an average points per race of 2.13
If I was being a bit more picky I could remove all tracks but keep Hammerhead, Industrial, Mudpit and Parkland. This would give me an average of 2.42 points per race.
This would work exactly like my C class strategy where I would leave every non-Mudpit map and go fly locally where possible so I can get back to try again in 36 to 60 minutes depending on where had stock.


Notes:
- There's 114 races here but that's still a small sample size. Unfortunately you can't really get a large sample size since you will rank up.
- The lowest rank I got was 4th but I would stress, it was never horrendously beat 4th. They were always seconds between 4th and 3rd (sometimes even 2nd)
- This was not a fully upgraded Sierra Cosworth. This was a fully upgraded Sierra Cosworth where no upgrades at A class exist. So ones where the B class upgrade will not be superseded. Here is a guide telling you what upgrades you need. I didn't get any safety upgrades either.
- When you do upgrade to A class, you'll have 300+ points if you only upgrade the best in class as mentioned in the last note. I would advise you use this to max out your new NSX or whichever car you will mostly be using. I made the fatal mistake of finishing upgrading my Sierra and only got about 75% of the upgrades for my NSX where the NSX can be used on many tracks and the Sierra can only be used on Mudpit (technically can be used on the other dirt tracks but there are better cars at A class for the non-Mudpit dirt tracks)

Mentions: Guide: Class B Cosworth - upgrade list · YARG - Yet Another Racing Guide [For Rank C] · YARG - Yet Another Racing Guide [For rank E and D]

Nicotine [2440291]
Respectable effort. We need more of a racing scene in Torn. Anything that promotes that, deserves upvotes so you have my R+
Indefatigable [2517458]
I will say this much, I had a pimped out cosworth for B. Think about 160 points or so. I can't remember how well I did but I got to A with a RS of 6.5 or so.

Had about 280 points or so when I got to A. Maxed out a tarmac NSX. That thing has been doing very very very well in most tarmac courses. Slowly upgrading the cosworth with the points I make. It isn't doing as well as I hoped. On mudpit it actually does quite bad, think most people drop that race unless they have a maxed out cossie. Some better luck on withdrawal and hammerhead.

Anyways, good times.
MrRightSA [2652679]

Thank you!

Maybe at some point but I'm pretty new to A class myself. I've only just got my 3rd maxed car but happy to share my thoughts on A class so far with you.

When I got to A class I finished maxing out my Cosworth and continued using it on Mudpit. It's only recommended for Mudpit but I also tried it out on Parkland and Stone Park with less success (I appreciate the one entry to Uptown I won but I doubt that will stay at 3.00 points if I entered more ?);


So again, I'd recommend keeping your Cosworth purely for Mudpit but you can throw it into Parkland if you lower your expectations.

The next car I got as it was recommended is the Honda NSX. The reason it's recommended as the first car (or first after finishing your Cosworth if you decide to do that) is that it is used on nine different tracks but all with slightly different modifications. Like some is to have it with Turbo 3 some is Turbo 2, some is to prioritise Dirt, some Tarmac etc.


So my Honda NSX was built optimally for Industrial, Meltdown and Vector which is why I have so many races in them. Commerce is supposed to be another good map for this build but it was not good on my limited time with it but the maps it IS built for don't shine through regardless. I believe this is a combination of two things;
1. My racing skill is pretty low. I think it was 8 when I got to A Class and now it's only 11.
2. And more so that all guides recommend an NSX as your first choice of car as it "does okay on most maps" so you are competing with so many NSX's

The third car I maxed and only done so last week, is the Lexus LFA;


If I done A Class from scratch, I would have maxed this first. 18 races is VERY early doors but of the places it should always race (Speedway and Withdrawal), it's doing great. If you don't face Mercedes SLR on Convict you can apparently do okay here too, but when I join and see a Mercedes SLR or two, I leave.
Uptown is also a case of you could have Lexus LFA or Lambo. I'll be testing more with the Lexus LFA to see how it goes.

So yeah, my advice to a new player getting to A Class would be based on my current experience is
1. Get a Lexus LFA
2. Accumulate the points to finish your Cosworth
3. Accumulate the points to make a Honda NSX

Never spend points until you have enough to max the car though as you could end up with two unmaxed cars if your maxed car crashes and never race without your car being maxed.