Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Easter Egg Scripts

Started by Draco [1648828] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 1.61k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
30
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

Draco [1648828]
April is upon us and soon we'll have the Easter Egg competition going on. I've been living under a rock the last few years, so excuse me if this is a stupid question - In past years, there were murmurs and whispers from the shadows that using any script that tells you when an egg spawns would make Lady Luck Easter Bunny mad at you, and you would be cursed with fewer egg spawns from then on. Is this true? Was this proven?

If it's true, are there any estimates on how less likely you are to get eggs when using scripts? Something like 20% would be totally acceptable to me because I know I'd probably miss 1 in 5 eggs anyway if I wasn't using TornTools. I'd love to hear your opinion - will you be using a script/extension for this competition, or do you plan on just squinting really hard at every page?
Zasty [2131289]
As far as I know, if you clicked those egg that are unreachable by normal means or invisible eggs, you will get chedded hard by having less or NO eggs spawning at all.

About the script? I'm pretty sure it's still okay to use as long as you don't do those thing i mentioned above.
Hopslam [795412]
After a few days in the comp, the most you find is like 1 egg every like 18-30 hours anyway, really don’t see why anyone would need script for this kind of comp, who cares if ya miss a couple. Not really a big deal if you are at the top or near the top, other than getting your name at the top or near the top of a list.
P_i_f [1537280]
I am pretty sure that last year i found eggs at 3-4 hours from previous one found...It didnt happen often but it did at least once or twice
Draco [1648828]
Update to this post, just now while browsing, TornTools alerted me that there was an egg on the page. I looked pretty closely but couldn't find one anywhere. So I opened up the "Inspect" menu on Chrome and used ctrl+f to search the word "egg". Behold, suddenly a blue egg was highlighted on the page (clickable). I didn't click on it, but I'm guessing if I would've it would have lead to bad karma and fewer eggs spawning for me. Watch out!
0xHemlock [2662912]
Last year there were quite a few posts on how illegal scripts are being tricked and trapped. This ^ is one such example. Be careful using scripts that scrape elements or change UI settings (I believe there was an HTML-capture being used at one point), since those scripts set off the "ched alarms". From one scripter to another - be careful. Relying on a machine to do the contest for you will result in pretty poor results.