Because an entire page of this thread(actually, nearly all of the posts in the last month after the initial discussion ended) are just a single word, one directly after another, just low quality posts that do nothing but serve the purpose of keeping this thread at the top of the thread list before it even leaves the first page. If there really was as much support as you're trying to make it look like there is, you wouldn't need to bump the thread 10 times a day.
I really don't have anything to say to you, as I've already expressed my point of view on this idea. Did you have anything you want to say to me? Or was this just more of the public name and shame that people who push these types of ideas seem to enjoy so much?
Enjoy the bump that actually comes with something to read.
Oh my god I posted that so long ago, I forgot I posted it , and yea I was just confused as to why all at once? Because that was before the longer bump things
Ok, even after all the research I still find this so very unnecessary, feels like a bunch of Virtue signaling([background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]). People suffering IRL an this is the cause you decide too fight for? Volunteer even half the time that has been dedicated too bumping this thread every day and you could changed someone's life by now. Saved half a dozen animals from being euthanized. Sign up for a trip too Ukraine, help deliver supplies an see real problems. [/background]
Just saying, Maybe check your priorities. Gender identity is a personal battle, not one too try and change society over. But that's just one mans opinion.
Next time before you write a text like this one, you maybe want to volunteer even half the time that has been dedicated too writing that post and you could have changed someone's life by now. Saved half a dozen animals from being euthanized. Sign up for a trip too Ukraine, help deliver supplies an see real problems.
Real Problems like non binary people getting talked out of existence by random people on the internet - just to give you one more option of what you could do instead.
Do you want the way an enby person thinks of it? Or stay in you purposeful ignorance? If you would like to talk to someone about how an NB person sees it, feel free to PM me, because I myself am NB, I’ve got people I sort of adopt and force to take care of themselves that are, I’ve heard so many different stories from people all over the gender spectrum. Hope you have a good day. : )
I don't have any problem with this necessarily, but it'd be quite a bit of work: We'd have to make changes to the preferences page, registration process, app registration process, as well as the icon generation and display systems, and also any areas that utilise gender (I.e. The strip club companies). The biggest problem would be all of the systems that use "his" or "her" depending on the gender, there's loads of these site-wide and that's going to be an absolute nightmare, I'm not even sure what we'd do here exactly -- perhaps attempt to use "they" / "them" / "themselves". It's going to be a big deal to add this in and support it forever into the future.
I also have a question... Apologies if I sound ignorant, but if we include non-binary, won't we then start receiving suggestions to include for more and more genders?
Personally i would recomend, if you do have the hassle to accomodate this, to do so using a translation library for all pronouns so you can keep up with the fads.
Also don't forget to flag where plural is actually plural. (you may come to regret that in the future).
The nice thing about non-binary is it's an excellent cover-all, while there is currently more nuance to gender I firmly believe having simply male/female/non-binary is more than enough for torn. In any case, no one who might like more than three would prefer to only have two. Non-binary when taken at its most literal definition means anything which isn't male or female, so again simply having this third option is more than sufficient.
As for the difficulty, strip clubs wouldn't need to change as anyone marked non-binary wouldn't be able to work at either. The text replacement would be the brunt of it, but similar to how dark mode was rolled out, it could be done gradually. Those who want this are looking for forward movement over speed.
Oh and to also address your question about replacement, yes it would be they them their ect...
My understanding was that "enby" or "non-binary" is an umbrella term for all of the other genders, literally meaning you don't conform to the other two options. I'm in no way an expert on the subject though and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken there.
The way I see it, this would cover everything if you decided to implement it. Anyone that's saying they don't fit in male or female would come under enby and as such you shouldn't need to implement anything further.
This is absolutely correct, enby is used both as a self-standing gender and also as an umbrella term for anything outside of male/female, so for this usecase it is utterly sufficient!
Agreed, I dare say that future bridge should it exist won't get even remotely near 350+ upvotes, an option for those who do not fall onto the binary is what I want to see, anything past that I feel would be unnecessary and I'd wager those who upvoted this suggestion regardless of viewpoint would prefer to see enby and only enby implemented rather than nothing at all.
What are peoples' preferred options when it comes to this? As previously stated in this thread I'm ignorant to many areas of this, so am open to opinions on the subject to educate further.
Would something such as changing "gender" in the settings menu to "sex" and then having a toggle switch for "display icon: yes/no" be an option? The time consuming part would then be ensuring all relevant areas are gender neutral (such as attacking menu changing to they/them - but this already exists in cases of stealth) for players that have untoggled this option.
Or perhaps have it as "change sex" (affecting things like player models - maybe even job role in case of strip clubs?) then an option to toggle to state "Non binary" in a separate checkbox on that page.