Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rip Triplicant

Started by BaronVonDude [2169790] on in General Discussion.

317 replies · 16.8k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 318 / 318 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Crown [2248214]
are you serious??

i was never his closest friend but i will never forget trip's roses. too good of a guy, honestly. and life continues to suck
Scuze [2270208]
If anyone needs to rant about this, or just someone to lean on please feel free to PM me, I may not respond right away, but I will respond as soon as I see it. Stay safe you guys.
ern [2140002]
Rest in peace, Trip

You were an amazing faction leader + spouse, and I loved speaking to you about our shared interests. It pains me to say farewell. For our faction, you’ve molded ours to become one of the best.

It was a wonderful experience to be on TORN with you.
Thank you for being you
fxm [2476827]
I've been asked to keep quiet about it personally, but I don't think that matters now, so here I am.

I've known Trip since day 1 that I joined and played, he showed me the ways in torn and I was instantly hooked on his funny and strange personality and his amazing art, he quickly and easily became my good friend as I fell in love with Torn itself.

I've been DarkHearts day 1, and through the worst times when most others left or gave up, I stayed out of loyalty to Trip and tried to keep the faction alive and growing. There's been times he was accused of ignoring the faction, holding leadership for ego and fun, etc etc, little did they all know what the poor f**king trooper was going through.

I made it my personal goal to improve his faction for him in hopes it would help him feel better and more motivated, and in ways he was, we showed him we're capable of fighting a lot better faction than we were and we brought them to a 4 day long ranked war that broke Torn's record, he was part of it and I could feel he was proud, but it wasn't enough. I did not know what was coming, but I wish I did even better when he was around.

I completely randomly introduced him to Warhammer: Vermintide 2 that I thought he would like, and he fell in love with it, I believe he spent over thousand of hours in it the past year and always asked me to join.

This man had so much love and affection in him to give and share, and not enough to take and receive. And all who knew him well know that not many deserved all the love in the world the way he did.

A truly special and amazing person, I've never met anyone like him and I value the moments I have gotten to share with him, as short as they were in the grand scheme of life.

It so happened that I was entrusted with DarkHearts, and I'm now the leader. All I can do at this point is make sure his project and love in DarkHearts doesn't go in vain, and that we will continue and strive. I will not sell the faction and I will continue it in his ideals and wishes, that I know very well and will respect. (I'm currently guesting for anyone wondering, will be back shortly)

We miss you so f**king much Trip and we wish you were with us for the better times that are coming for DarkHearts, in your memory.



[image: i.imgur.com]



Rest in peace, Trippy
Rebel_Virginia [2019680]
This is just terrible news. I have been on two Elimination teams with Trip (Pacifists and Field Mice) and those are the two teams I considered to be the best and most memorable. Sure there were others that were good, but they never quite had that charm and I have no doubt that was due to Trip's contributions (both with graphics and just being himself in the team chats). I always liked him. He was just a great, nice, and genuine person. It's just a terrible loss to this community, and especially to those whom was closest.

May he rest in peace, and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
Khalista [320353]
:'( I dont post on forums too much...but I feel the loss here. I only had a brief encounter with Trip when he was doing the bounty merits years ago. He struck me as a good guy and he brings such a positive aura wherever he goes and had held him in high regard since.

RIP Trip. My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and loved ones.
Monk [2271278]
Not the news I wanted to see :/

I remember joining DarkHearts after I got recruited off the forums. Trip was a really lovely guy, and a good leader. He did a calligraphy thingy for me and I'll have to find it at some point. Here's the first thing he sent to me.

[image: i.imgur.com]

Miss you Trips :|
undo [2090073]
No way! His upbeat forum presence will be missed. I don't recall seeing him post much recently, but I remember him posting a bunch the first couple of years I was on Torn and he was one of my favorite posters at the time.
Ninivah [1950421]
I met Trip when he was still a noob. I contacted him after seeing his work in the forums. Not only because I was impressed with his work and wanted one but because I was genuinely curious. So many players are able to translate irl skills in game and vice versa. I asked him if he were an artist irl. He said no but he loved drawing irl and figured it was a way to make money in game. (Funny enough, he was giving them away for free and relying on donations.)

We got to talking some more and I ended up encouraging him to actually market his skills irl. Really good calligraphers are in high demand and he definitely had the skills to succeed in that area if he wished. Occasionally he'd show me some of the new stuff he was working on. He even made me a 3D rendered name plate to commemorate a marriage anniversary between myself and my previous Torn spouse. (But sadly I loss the link when switching devices.)

He told me he was interested in getting into tattoos but was a bit apprehensive since he was self taught. I had no doubt he'd have succeed if he had gone down that path.

After that we talked on and off. Checked up on each other occasionally. He was always doing something new on Torn and off. I was a little sad to hear that he had given up art but he sent me the link to his sound cloud.

That was the last conversation we had before he went inactive.

Now I'm hearing this news and I can't believe it.

There's so many good things about Trip. He was kind and funny, super open and just one of the best players anyone would meet on the game. He was a great friend and I'll miss him.

R.I.P Trip, you'll be missed.
Arizona [2628236]
Seen and spoken to trip for his amazing art work. Shortly after he gave tips of torn and chatted around. A nice chap and I believe or I could imagine him as a young person. Gone too soon, would like to know what happened to him. RIP
Shinigamix [1971470]
Dont think i interacted with him much in any form, i just remember his name from forum posts from time to time, but in generel it is always sad to hear if a person of the community leaves, my condolences to the friends and family.
Muckamuck [1884573]
What a punch in the f**king gut

I was leader of Trip's first faction and from the start he was great to be around. Dude was always trying to be positive even when he didn't have much reason to be. I ended up getting burnt out on leading a faction, but Trip and his friends were a large part of why I enjoyed running that little faction. We drifted apart after he left to make DH, but I still shot him a message occasionally. Was looking forward to guesting in Trip's DH again after the RW release, but it's much too late for that now.

Rest in peace, man. You were always passionate about creating even when the people around you weren't supportive
ZickyJackz [497258]
Damn, Seeing news like this is never not heartbreaking. Even more so when it happens to someone so young.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. Rest easy, Trip.