Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DNS

Started by Hoop [2234095] on in Technology.

13 replies · 166 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
Hoop [2234095]
Is there a way to reset DNS? I’ve used the cmd box and typed in the commands that come up when you google the issue and I still have the same problem

I have to reload some pages multiple times before they show up

DNS settings are set to automatic
Xeretrax [2039020]
"I have to reload some pages multiple times before they show up

DNS settings are set to automatic"

If a page shows at all, even after multiple fails, its not dns

if it was dns related, it would never show to begin with
mrnoob2 [2770824]
ipconfig /flushdns

^ that command should do the trick. If not try:

ipconfig /renew

that'll assign you a new IP address. It's like the network equivalent of "turn it off and on again".
Xeretrax [2039020]
Back in the day yes, nowadays ipv4 addresses are becoming rare and in turn more become static more often, if not ipv6 only.

I am guessing OP only has this thing on a few sites as well and not all.

Instead of reloading the page multiple times, have you to tried to simply duplicate the page instead? This should force the tab to reload properly instantly. Tell me if this works or if the multiple refresh thing is still needed even with and within this new duped tab.
I am guessing it will work, but as soon as he tries to open another page ( same site) on the same tab, the problem occurs again till the current page is duped again. Basically a dupe/open in new tab cycle instead of keeping it within the same tab.
Also, what browser are you using?
Hoop [2234095]
Microsoft Edge, it's sites I don't visit often typically. Also the Capcha image will not load unless I refresh, and images in general. I'm set on auto dns