Is there a way to reset DNS? I’ve used the cmd box and typed in the commands that come up when you google the issue and I still have the same problem
I have to reload some pages multiple times before they show up
DNS settings are set to automatic
"I have to reload some pages multiple times before they show up
DNS settings are set to automatic"
If a page shows at all, even after multiple fails, its not dns
if it was dns related, it would never show to begin with
Try clearing your cache hombre.
The message that comes up says it’s dns related tho
If DNS is automatic, your ISP sets it up for you, most likely. These can be slow at times. Try a public DNS server.
How to setup Quad9OpenDNS
ipconfig /flushdns
^ that command should do the trick. If not try:
ipconfig /renew
that'll assign you a new IP address. It's like the network equivalent of "turn it off and on again".
I've done those things and still have the same issue
There is a difference between a static or dynamic IP address.
I'm aware but AFAIK most home routers use dynamic ips.
Try changing your dns server then. Follow these
instructions and set the servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Back in the day yes, nowadays ipv4 addresses are becoming rare and in turn more become static more often, if not ipv6 only.
I am guessing OP only has this thing on a few sites as well and not all.
Instead of reloading the page multiple times, have you to tried to simply duplicate the page instead? This should force the tab to reload properly instantly. Tell me if this works or if the multiple refresh thing is still needed even with and within this new duped tab.
I am guessing it will work, but as soon as he tries to open another page ( same site) on the same tab, the problem occurs again till the current page is duped again. Basically a dupe/open in new tab cycle instead of keeping it within the same tab.
Also, what browser are you using?
Microsoft Edge, it's sites I don't visit often typically. Also the Capcha image will not load unless I refresh, and images in general. I'm set on auto dns
This fixed whatever I messed up, thanks
I don't think you messed anything up in that case - your ISP did. Glad that sorted it for you though!