Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

M:E vs JFR

Started by ElChapo [2157516] on in Faction Discussion.

84 replies · 3.02k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 85 / 85 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

FidelCashflow [1993550]
Look at how much energy ME had to spend for their 12 caches. Cappucino spent 25e for 1 cache. He's showing you young bucks how it's really done. Congrats JFR for winning your first RW.
Private_Joker [2488283]
First, HoF complains that no one want to match with them to get them up in ranks.
Later they complain that faction that give them ranks get something for enlisting.
Usual M attitude
The_Gorilla [2156388]
although they didn't really gain 500 respect with the amount they got hit and bonuses landed on them, but lets not let them know this
Breadfan [361121]
Haters gonna hate.
I'd love to see them enlist every week now. Just to see all of the people get their panties in a wad.

We gonna rock down to Electric Avenue... One Hit Wonder!
1 hit.... No cash = cache!
Smart
JS_REP [1033180]
If you’re going to take advantage of a flawed system, at least try NOT to make it look obvious. Otherwise, yes you’re subject to public scrutiny. Put on your big boy panties and deal with it.
byrod [1132772]
What frustrates me more than someone putting no efforts into farming caches is the spoiled fun for the other faction involved.

We like to war at M:E, we did not match the week before and were put into "priority matchmaking", just to get four dull hours of a one sided, boring E sink.
Yes, it's matchmaking which is broken, and you totally could say "don't hate the player, hate the game", but I doubt you find this enjoyable yourself.

You are not only farming/freeloading, you also take the fun out of RWs with doing so.

No hard feelings, as we trief to make it the least tedious as possible, but maybe that's something you'd like to consider :-)

Kind greetings,
byrod
cappucino [461831]
This talk about making only one hit is fake news. I already posted proof of a loss in addition to the successful hit by someone else.

As for being a disgrace, you're not wrong. And I remind you I was the first one to point that out so I don's see any point in making an argument out of that...

It is kind of funny though. Some things has come full circle. Few probably remember this, but I was an original committee member. My main goal there was to contribute to make wars fun again. I don't remember all the ideas ched shot down, but one of them was to stop making wars be winner takes it all. One of the problems as I saw it back then was that there was absolutely no incentive to fight a losing war. If you were losing anyway you just gave the opponent bigger gains when fighting back. I think ched killing that idea was the last drop for me. I quit the committee and I also quit playing competitively because I lost all faith in ched ever making wars fun again. I haven't spent e in the gym since 2011, I'm only here to stay in touch with some old friends.

How fitting is it then that I am the one to prove ched right by exposing the flaw in my old plan more than a decade later?

To be fair to myself he did f**k up my plan though. As he's done when implementing pretty much all my rejected ideas in a worse form years after I proposed them. I never wanted someone to get rewards for nothing. I wanted rewards for putting your best effort in even when facing defeat. Maybe this is what he needs to actually go back and reread whatever it was I posted back then and understand the nuances of the proposal?

Anywho. Don't hate the (non-playing) player. Hate the game.

PS: Since I quit playing competitively I have to admit there has been one fun war in Torn. The insurgency was good shit. Kudos to anyone that made that happen!