I was collecting a bounty, when somebody joined the fight long enough to poison my mark. The poison hit once for 69 DMG and killed him. I still collected the bounty though, that last 69 DMG was considered my effort.
I hit for 822, but on the sidebar it reads 891.
Has anyone else noticed this type of thing with poison damage?
The other question is; Does the bounty money go to me or that certain someone?
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Technically, the award is correct since you made the last actual hit, but it raises an interesting point.
The poison damage doesn't get triggered unless the victim is on a fight or someone is fighting him. So I guess you using a turn to hit him counts it as your damage, not the one that poisoned the dude
this is the case with all DOT damage. also bounty will go to whoever gets last hit, so in this case it goes to you.
yep, thats also how recently some peeps have been helping newbies attack high levels.
Too confusing :(
Where's Andyman :P
Okay, but I was clearly credited with DOT damage I did not inflict.. If DOT inflicted neutral damage I could kind of understand; as in "poison inflicts X DMG", but poison itself is not the entity being credited with the kill.
Isn't that what it says here though...?
[image: i.imgur.com]Poison damaged Cosmicfly for 69, AKA Poison inflicts 69 damage.
It triggered because of your hit, so it counts as your damage. DOT is really Damage On Hit.
once someone has been poisoned the next damaging hits have poison and damage goes to person making that hit not person that used blowgun to poison. DOT Weapons like blowgun , bread knife and flamethrowers under appreciated imo.
Bounty goes to the player who clicked hosp.
Mug goes to the player who clicks mug.
Damage over time is not tied to the player who initiated the damage.
This could lead to some creative group attacks.
The other question is; Does the bounty money go to me or that certain someone?
CoolNotCold hospitalised Cosmicfly and claimed a $100,000 bounty (+2.82)
it's your bru bru, don't go spending it all at once :P
$100,000 is nothing at all in Torn. Not even worth trying to answer the question if there isnt a 1 bill included xD
Okay, even though the Torn community has voiced their opinion, I've decided to throw my 2 cents in (as much as that's worth). There seems to be an insurmountable amount of evidence saying that you got the bounty, even
Andyman chimed in in this issue.
I wish to point out that you should, at least, give a little of the bounty to the person who helped you get it. He/she didn't do much, but every little bit helps.
Like i said, this is my 2 cents. I hope it helps.
Mentions:
Andyman [471591]
This just in, the base price for energy is 300k/25e and the price for answers is 1b/answer. Damn inflation...
if poison damage does the final damage, but your other weapon deals the final hit. which weapon will be recorded as getting the kill in my stats?
supposing its a 1 on 1 fight. not like this scenario
Knowledge is power :p pen is mightier than the sword :p
Wise is the one who knows when to pick up the sword and when to pick up the pen
The weapon you use in the final action before a DoT kill will be credited with the finishing hit, even if it misses. I believe this makes it possible to get temp finishing hits using pepper spray, though I have not tested it.
Same thing in group attacks, kill will still be credited to the one who made the last action before a DoT kill, even if it misses.
Pen-gun is mightier than the sword. Sword-gun is mightier than the pen-gun.