Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

$100,000 Question

Started by CoolNotCold [2214443] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 796 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Andyman [471591] ×1

CoolNotCold [2214443]
I was collecting a bounty, when somebody joined the fight long enough to poison my mark. The poison hit once for 69 DMG and killed him. I still collected the bounty though, that last 69 DMG was considered my effort.

I hit for 822, but on the sidebar it reads 891.

Has anyone else noticed this type of thing with poison damage?

The other question is; Does the bounty money go to me or that certain someone?



[image: profileimages.torn.com]
GreekPoser [2527893]
The poison damage doesn't get triggered unless the victim is on a fight or someone is fighting him. So I guess you using a turn to hit him counts it as your damage, not the one that poisoned the dude
CoolNotCold [2214443]
Okay, but I was clearly credited with DOT damage I did not inflict.. If DOT inflicted neutral damage I could kind of understand; as in "poison inflicts X DMG", but poison itself is not the entity being credited with the kill.
Astro [1559915]
Isn't that what it says here though...?

[image: i.imgur.com]

Poison damaged Cosmicfly for 69, AKA Poison inflicts 69 damage.
It triggered because of your hit, so it counts as your damage. DOT is really Damage On Hit.
SexxySweety [671797]
once someone has been poisoned the next damaging hits have poison and damage goes to person making that hit not person that used blowgun to poison. DOT Weapons like blowgun , bread knife and flamethrowers under appreciated imo.
Andyman [471591]
Bounty goes to the player who clicked hosp.

Mug goes to the player who clicks mug.

Damage over time is not tied to the player who initiated the damage.
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
The other question is; Does the bounty money go to me or that certain someone?


CoolNotCold hospitalised Cosmicfly and claimed a $100,000 bounty (+2.82)


it's your bru bru, don't go spending it all at once :P
dark95 [2321537]
$100,000 is nothing at all in Torn. Not even worth trying to answer the question if there isnt a 1 bill included xD
Metchi_Pockvano [2743523]
Okay, even though the Torn community has voiced their opinion, I've decided to throw my 2 cents in (as much as that's worth). There seems to be an insurmountable amount of evidence saying that you got the bounty, even Andyman chimed in in this issue.

I wish to point out that you should, at least, give a little of the bounty to the person who helped you get it. He/she didn't do much, but every little bit helps.

Like i said, this is my 2 cents. I hope it helps.

Mentions: Andyman [471591]

BlackThunderOG [2237695]
if poison damage does the final damage, but your other weapon deals the final hit. which weapon will be recorded as getting the kill in my stats?

supposing its a 1 on 1 fight. not like this scenario
CorneliusIII [2470308]
The weapon you use in the final action before a DoT kill will be credited with the finishing hit, even if it misses. I believe this makes it possible to get temp finishing hits using pepper spray, though I have not tested it.

Same thing in group attacks, kill will still be credited to the one who made the last action before a DoT kill, even if it misses.