But it’s warm and sarntmadge spork said it’s ok
Enby Option
Started by VioletStorm [2233317] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 1,317 / 1,317 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
oh sure he did, next you'll be tellin me he said it's ok to lower the flap on your temperate cover too
Whoa, put that away. Dangerous.
scary stuff
scary stuff
while you personnels sort this out i'm gonna go take a nap in a flood control channel police up cigarette butts for a few hours
This is very good news!
Hey that's pretty neat.
I spent Sunday implementing this, pretty much as requested in the suggestion. The gender is called 'Enby'.
There is, as expected, a lot of work ahead of us. I imagine this is certainly worth it to make a few people here very happy, but this is going to cause numerous issues...
Mr & Ms Torn - No idea where to even start with this, I guess we leave it as just Male / Female for now, we can't include a new Enby one for obvious reasons, and I don't think we can merge all genders together as females naturally score far higher.
Him / Her / His / She - Site wide changes required, this will currently not work in many situations. Perhaps I'll just fix them as bug reports come in.
City hall statistics - I guess we need to add Enby here too.
Church and Marriage - Do we call them wives / brides or husbands / grooms? I don't think there's a neutral term.
Profile image silhouete - Do we show Male or Female? This is currently defaulting to Female.
Attacking Model - Male or female? It's defaulting to Female currently. We certainly can't create a third one and remodel all clothing for it.
Thanks.
There is, as expected, a lot of work ahead of us. I imagine this is certainly worth it to make a few people here very happy, but this is going to cause numerous issues...
Mr & Ms Torn - No idea where to even start with this, I guess we leave it as just Male / Female for now, we can't include a new Enby one for obvious reasons, and I don't think we can merge all genders together as females naturally score far higher.
Him / Her / His / She - Site wide changes required, this will currently not work in many situations. Perhaps I'll just fix them as bug reports come in.
City hall statistics - I guess we need to add Enby here too.
Church and Marriage - Do we call them wives / brides or husbands / grooms? I don't think there's a neutral term.
Profile image silhouete - Do we show Male or Female? This is currently defaulting to Female.
Attacking Model - Male or female? It's defaulting to Female currently. We certainly can't create a third one and remodel all clothing for it.
Thanks.
I'm very pleased to see this, although, as you acknowledge, there is more left to do. Thank you very much.
Spouse would be a gender neutral term for weddings?
I'm so glad this has happened.
Partner would work too i reckon?
I'd just like to take a moment to thank the all the trolls that made this all possible worth doing.
On a more serious note, big thanks Ched, great of you to spend your free time on this. I'm not NB but it's amazing to see nonetheless.
On a more serious note, big thanks Ched, great of you to spend your free time on this. I'm not NB but it's amazing to see nonetheless.
I can finally identify as the apache helicopter I was born to be.
Thanks for biting the bullet Ched, you and the dev team have a long and rocky road ahead and as a fellow apache programmer I wish yall the best of luck
EDIT: Oof, I was not LGBTQ+ white-knight approved, how ironically insensitive of you to hate on my gender identity in a thread that you went off on about supporting gender identity.
Thanks for biting the bullet Ched, you and the dev team have a long and rocky road ahead and as a fellow apache programmer I wish yall the best of luck
EDIT: Oof, I was not LGBTQ+ white-knight approved, how ironically insensitive of you to hate on my gender identity in a thread that you went off on about supporting gender identity.
Enby Option
Mentions: Enby Option
Serious respect to you, that is a genuinely good and kind thing you're doing.
This is awesome! :D
Great work, love the fact you're willing to go through all the slightly more tedious processes like the pronouns in attack logs etc rather than just adding the symbol and leaving it at that :)
I think spouse seems pretty good since it specifically refers to marriage, partner is a bit more general.
Anyway, surprised this went ahead but glad and appreciative of the effort :)
Mr/Ms Torn has its own issues imo I don't think deciding what to do with the enby category would fix it :)
As for the silhouete/model, any way you can just let people choose? Presumably it's just some binary switch when you change genders anyway?
Anyway, surprised this went ahead but glad and appreciative of the effort :)
Mr/Ms Torn has its own issues imo I don't think deciding what to do with the enby category would fix it :)
As for the silhouete/model, any way you can just let people choose? Presumably it's just some binary switch when you change genders anyway?
Seems ideal, also solves the strip club issue if it applies the same way there. Heck, it also solves the Mr & Mrs torn issue in a way, as it would allow NB players to submit their entry under their apparent gender if they wish.
This is already way more than i would have expected to change. It really fills me with joy, that Torn is really trying to be inclusive. Thank you so much.
I think it would be a great solution if the problem with the pronouns would be solved step by step with the help of bug reports.
As others already suggested i also do believe that spouse would be the prefect term within the marriage setting.
About the silhouette and attacking model problem i believe it's not as important as to know that you are actually working on an enby option at all. Maybe - as other already suggested earlier in this thread - it could be an option to make it possible to just chose your body type in the long run. That even would be more inclusive for all people. There are also males in this world that have a body type that most people would read as female and vice versa.
Can't talk about the city hall problem, because that sounds like a technical issue that i definitely have zero clue of.
About the Mr & Ms Torn event: I don't think it has priority for anyone, but you mentioned it can't be added a new Enby category for obvious reasons. Tho i sincerely do not see the obvious reason. Maybe it's a technical difficulty? Cause else i'd just rename the event, "Mr, Ms & Mx Torn" (although that might not sound as catchy as before, i have to admit that. xD ) and add a 3rd category where enby players enter their pictures. But this one event shouldn't have priority over the over all inclusiveness of Torn. It's not about getting all at once. It's more about seeing a shift to an inclusive direction that can mean the world to enby folks. And by doing what you are currently planning to to, you are already making huge steps towards that direction.
So all in all thank you for sacrificing some of your time for the enby community.
I think it would be a great solution if the problem with the pronouns would be solved step by step with the help of bug reports.
As others already suggested i also do believe that spouse would be the prefect term within the marriage setting.
About the silhouette and attacking model problem i believe it's not as important as to know that you are actually working on an enby option at all. Maybe - as other already suggested earlier in this thread - it could be an option to make it possible to just chose your body type in the long run. That even would be more inclusive for all people. There are also males in this world that have a body type that most people would read as female and vice versa.
Can't talk about the city hall problem, because that sounds like a technical issue that i definitely have zero clue of.
About the Mr & Ms Torn event: I don't think it has priority for anyone, but you mentioned it can't be added a new Enby category for obvious reasons. Tho i sincerely do not see the obvious reason. Maybe it's a technical difficulty? Cause else i'd just rename the event, "Mr, Ms & Mx Torn" (although that might not sound as catchy as before, i have to admit that. xD ) and add a 3rd category where enby players enter their pictures. But this one event shouldn't have priority over the over all inclusiveness of Torn. It's not about getting all at once. It's more about seeing a shift to an inclusive direction that can mean the world to enby folks. And by doing what you are currently planning to to, you are already making huge steps towards that direction.
So all in all thank you for sacrificing some of your time for the enby community.