Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Oh, Torn.

Started by sikolia [2774757] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 1.44k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Somebody [1763067] ×4 sikolia [2774757] ×1

sikolia [2774757]
As much as the life we live here is sort of a heaven, I mean, searching for money, shoplifting, doing GTA crimes and assassination, going to faction wars and earning millions... If such works out for you, then you must say that Torn is much of a heaven for you.

In my opinion, I think life in Torn is much like the life that we actually live in. When I was new in Torn, I had to be picking stuff from the dump and sell them to make some cash for some LSD to help me level up. This was hard, of course since the most frequently appearing items are soap on a dish and some cheap flowers. I did this a lot when I was in level 14 so that I could make some cash for my first flight outside Torn.
Unfortunately or rather fortunately, I came across the casino. I have to confess that I made my first million in there but I have lost even more, mostly in slots and Leslie's wheel, of course!

When I hit level fifteen, I immediately flew out to Japan on the slow, standard plane. I had this feeling of safety, thinking that I wouldn't be mugged like I always was.SInce the ride took quite some time, I logged off and went away.
I logged back in much later and to my surprise found myself in a Japanese Hospital, mugged almost all my money. I had boarded the plane with 2 Million but ended up with 300,000. I returned to Torn as soon as possible. I tried mugging people abroad myself but I guess it needs tens of thousands of gym stats
I then realized that for you to be safe from mugging, you need to go forth and always be sure of the time you land so that you can log back on, shop and leave.

However, provided that you are a Torn citizen, you will always be susceptible to mugging. You will always get mugged or at least attacked and hospitalized. There is no escaping that since there is an award for the number of times you are hospitalized!
I lost 5 Million today when I forgot to set an alarm for my arrival time in South Africa. I felt like revenging but sadly, my event was like "SOMEBODY mugged you..." I mean, who the heck is Somebody??
MadsPkwy [2793369]
Respectfully, why are you flying with so much money?

Also somebody means they were being stealthy, I imagine so they can't be revenge mugged.
DisK [2562220]
I came across the casino. I have to confess that I made my first million in there but I have lost even more

Boy do I have a bridge to sell you
Janick [2199727]
I don't know why but I read this with an indian accent. Maybe i'm watching too many tutorials videos on youtube lately
Jhordhynne [2489368]
I tried mugging people abroad myself but I guess it needs tens of thousands of gym stats

tens of thousands of gym stats

lol, lmao even
VaguelyCanadian [2678408]
Torn is not 'safe'. There are however ways for you to be safe in Torn. As you get on you will learn them, and a good faction will help you in that respect. Stay the course, ask not if but how, and youhave the potential to make it out here. Otherwise... it can get pretty rough. Stay safe out there
TornFalcon [2042205]
Mugging...all part of the heavenly experience. That's why we can take drugs and alcohol in hospital. To help drown our sorrows as we heal.
Voxtrox [2529046]
You got mugged for FIVE MILLION in sa? that means you had to have been carrying like FIFTY million on you. why would you do that?
buying 29 xanax is only 22mil

i wish i mugged u :(
biosterous [2377874] Wiki Contributor
torn is a video game not a safe, but your confusion is understandable (i store all my valuables in torn sometimes by accident because i get them mixed up all the time!!)