Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TS100

Started by Solenoid [851883] on in Racing.

70 replies · 1.71k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 71 / 71 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Solenoid [851883]
Tracking is up after Race 2, with cumulative placing. Time was calculated for the 1st 4 ties, then I said f**k it. There will be less ties at the end, and I will calculate those out.

Also note that, per stated rules, absentees are placed last plus 1. So, if you weren't in race 1, you placed 59th. If you weren't in race 2, you placed 65th.

Race 3 is up, and invites are sent. TS100 continues! I'm looking forward to Friday to rehab.
Solenoid [851883]
Thank you drivers for participating! There are some outstanding runs, and constant jockeying throughout.
Take the weekend off and go kill people or something. See you back on Monday.
Solenoid [851883]
All races are done! End reports are posted above. For duplication, here are our winners:

Place - Cumulative - Name
1 - 93 - Data
2 - 144 - Violience
3 - 156 - Solenoid
4 - 169 - Zoltare
5 - 175 - ChristmasBazaar
6 - 179 - Rogue (3.95 sec faster than next)
7 - 179 - the_gunners2004
8 - 183 - kamas
9 - 190 - Tyrion
10 - 194 - Lindy_Lyson


Congratulations to all the winners! My Pit Crew is making banners. I'll get them to you shortly. (How did I get in there?) I'm glad that I included ChristmasBazaar & the_gunners2004 as test cases for if the names fit into the template.

Apologies to some for an earlier counting that neglected one race in the total. Thanks to ChristmasBazaar for checking my math.

Thank you to all the participants for their time, passion, and for each ty to me right back, and to all the others for putting up with my ignored invites. This event was so much fun. The dat- um - information from the races show skill and RNG in a unique snapshot.

Why did I make this event? It has been over two years time since Racing Skill has been public, tracked, and ranked. I didn't agree with this change, but I can see the bright side of it. What was formerly a hunch at a top-## ranking became public. These are my peers. After all the broad inclusive fairness of other tournaments, this one is just for us. There's room for both.

I hope to replan the TS100 next year in August-ish, even if I'm no longer qualified for it. TV + time is real, if you watch rankings over time.
I will see you on the tracks. Unless you run those other tracks. Or you fly. Or you suck. Do what you do.
RevLitterbox [1064389]
Super fun, even though I didn't finish well. Congrats to all. Solenoid, thanks for hosting, organizing and taking freaking 3rd place! Went off great. Let's do it again
Data [1610898]
Had some bad results in this and surprised to win. Thanks to Solenoid for all the work he put into this, and hope it continues.
Storm1968 [1343431]
Congratulations to Data - Nicely done!! we've got a long way to go before we can catch you in this format...

Thanks Solenoid - great mini tournament - lots of fun.