Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cat or Dog ?

Started by Trd [2809376] on in Animals & Nature.

67 replies · 561 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Trd [2809376]

I don't want to make a fuss here, I just want to ask for your opinion


Long story short I'm lonely, I'm thinking of adopting an animal. and I have decided to adopt a cat or a dog. I want to ask you guys, cat or dog ? Answer down below !!
Misti-Bee [2245682]
Both types are demanding, but in different ways.

A cat for me, fits my busy lifestyle. You can't leave a dog for too long but you can a cat. Both are affectionate in different ways, I think a cat is more subtle in its behaviour than a dog, you have to pay attention to know whats going on in its life.

If you do get a cat, I recommend two kittens, or an older cat. An older cat will be the least work. Two kittens will keep each other entertained should you go to work for long hours, are hard work but bloody cute. And once you fall for the stupid big ears and big eyes, you're stuck with 'em.

Good luck in whatever you decide :)
kittencat [2753128]
i personally prefer cats because majority of the time, most breeds are not needing attention 24/7 like dogs do. like someone posted above, dogs need affection and caring for a lot more than cats so if you're like myself and still need your alone time sometimes without something constantly in your face then id recommend a cat. they know how to fairly clean themselves and keep clean at that too.
if you decide on getting a cat, id encourage you to look at the tortoiseshell breed because they're the right amount of clingy :)
dogs are great too! but that's just my theyre opinion.
Guirec [2713827]
I'm more a cat person. But it's sad to see that people say "cats don't require so much caring, you can leave it alone for a longer time than dog" etc etc. I think this gives a wrong idea what cat actually require as a pet. And no animal should be left alone for a long time.
Sure, you don't have to take the cat outside 3-4 times a day, BUT they do need stimulus and company as well! (And you have to clean up the litter box few times a day.) And stimulus means that usually you have to make some effort and actually play with your cat. Surely you can keep it alive with food and water and such but I think if you own a pet then you are responsible for its happiness/quality of life. If a cat is sleeping too much it can be depressed and bored and I know some people think it's just normal..

But yeah, sorry for the rant. All in all cats are awesome, if you are more at home and not so active then a cat (or two) could be good. If you are an outdoor person, then maybe a dog :)
Skellington [2671472]
You are right of course. By the way, the two furballs that tolerate me as their servant allow me to take them outside on a leash at least once a day.
Guirec [2713827]
You have really kind purrminators then ;) Love it. My little queen does not allow me to offer that kind of activity. Other activities are demanded.
Skellington [2671472]
I do. However, if the ladies decide not to be willing to go outside, for reasons only known to them, they will need substitute entertainment, which usually involves effort from their minions.
Guirec [2713827]
Ofcourse. Amount of entertainment & service is constant. And if the queen thinks service isn't on time (usually food) it will be announced loud and clear.
Skellington [2671472]
Definitely. And without mercy either, they’ll just keep at it until they get what they rightfully deserve. We as minions should know better than to stall in any way. Whether you have an arterial bleeding or not isn't relevant, the only thing that counts is to get the ladies whatever they desire whenever they desire it. And yet I wouldn't be without them if my life depended on it.
Gnisis [1947349]
For a dog = they care about you, and every time you leave then come back home, they will show you how they love you.
For cat = they will make you become THEIR servants,, and don't care about you, they just come to you when they need you to do something to them, and if you pet them too often, then will scratch tyour hands... BUT you can say other you are the peasant of a world dominating specimen which tolerate you enough to stay in the same house as you...

(in reality i like both cats and dogs, so why choosing, take one of each, they will eventually become bff)
oraN [1778676]
I should warn you cats and dogs alike are high maintenance cats are a bit lower but will still suck your soul dry. so make sure your prepared for it before you adopt a demon in tiny body. cats teach you a lot more than dogs so definitely go for a cat.