Is Torn playable on Linux
Linux Users
Started by Daturax [2627396] on in Technology.
Posts archived: 66 / 66 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Yes, no problem, all you need is a browser, and both firefox and chrome is available on linux (and a lot of other browsers too).
I downloaded Brave cuz I thought only Chromium (not Chrome) was available.
Recently swapped over from Artix over to KDE Neon user edition (Plasma 5.25).
Artix started giving me trouble a few months ago after an update (Black screen at login). Also getting the nvidia Prime working on the Artix KDE distro was a pain.
I am very happy with Neon, does anyone else use it?
So far no issues, using Opera Browser with chrome extensions.
Also using Neon for Minecraft with Fabric mods and for playing Veloren.
Seems much more stable than artix and also just as fast.
Artix started giving me trouble a few months ago after an update (Black screen at login). Also getting the nvidia Prime working on the Artix KDE distro was a pain.
I am very happy with Neon, does anyone else use it?
So far no issues, using Opera Browser with chrome extensions.
Also using Neon for Minecraft with Fabric mods and for playing Veloren.
Seems much more stable than artix and also just as fast.
Chrome is available. I use Mint which is Debian based. Go to Chrome's site and download the .deb
I use Windows on my private (main) computer since I do gaming.
On my laptop I have a distro called Parrot OS (based on Debian) and at work I use Kali Linux (based on Debian also).
On my laptop I have a distro called Parrot OS (based on Debian) and at work I use Kali Linux (based on Debian also).
Raspian os on raspberry pi 4.
Indirectly yeah, but vanilla Mint is Ubuntu-based. LMDE, however, is Debian-based.
Mint is Ubuntu based, and Ubuntu is Debian based. LMDE is directly Debian based, removing Ubuntu completely. Either way you go it's all Debian based and my suggestion works no matter which version of Mint you use.
Parrot is actually pretty good I've had the pleasure to work with it for 2 weeks on a replacement laptop, If I wasn't attached to Arch & AUR i'd be using it.
Linux Mint is my favorite "Just Works" distro and is 100% what I'd recommend to newcomers. I like the cinnamon desktop environment, and think KDE also has a lot going for it.
For something more recent without the extreme bleeding edge of Arch, I'll go with Fedora KDE spin
Whenever I get monitors that are all the same size, I'll try out i3wm or other tiling wm
For something more recent without the extreme bleeding edge of Arch, I'll go with Fedora KDE spin
Whenever I get monitors that are all the same size, I'll try out i3wm or other tiling wm
My work more or less forces me to use Windows. I do run a Kali VM on my personal computer and Debian LTS on most of my (virtual) servers. I love tinkering with it.
Hell yes!
For my homelab 3 out of 4 of my servers run FreeBSD (truenas and pfsense) and my proxmox server is debian. But most of my VM's in my homelab are RPM based (Fedora Server/AlmaLinux). Think I have one odd Debian server in there.
My work laptop is Linux and my personal desktop is running Pop OS (because it just works). I run a Windows VM on my desktop with VFIO passthrough for any gaming needs.
My personal laptop is Windows only because when it was new it didn't have great Linux support and I don't use it all that often so haven't tried Linux on it again.
I love Linux :)
My work laptop is Linux and my personal desktop is running Pop OS (because it just works). I run a Windows VM on my desktop with VFIO passthrough for any gaming needs.
My personal laptop is Windows only because when it was new it didn't have great Linux support and I don't use it all that often so haven't tried Linux on it again.
I love Linux :)
[image: i.imgur.com]
5+ year old system, had over 3000 packages got them all down to the nice number without breaking anything. can easily do 100+ tabs on chromium while having notion codeoss discord terminal with ssh to my server and ~10 docker containers running at the same time. On win10/MacOS this would be impossible lol
5+ year old system, had over 3000 packages got them all down to the nice number without breaking anything. can easily do 100+ tabs on chromium while having notion codeoss discord terminal with ssh to my server and ~10 docker containers running at the same time. On win10/MacOS this would be impossible lol
Yup, Linux is the future.
Everything Microsoft touches turns brown.
Everything Microsoft touches turns brown.
Obligatory neofetch screenshot as well (I have a lot of things opened ignore the RAM usage):
[image: images.mavri.dev]
[image: images.mavri.dev]
Laptops/Desktop Win11, My server I have been using TrueNAS + Ubuntu in a VM
[image: images.mavri.dev]
i use arch btw
i use arch btw
I met a guy through work the other day who is a Slackware user!
Sorry, lmftfm, I met a guy who is THE Slackware user!
Sorry, lmftfm, I met a guy who is THE Slackware user!