Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Accessibility options

Started by LosingGrip [2111903] on in Suggestions.

21 replies · 133 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

LosingGrip [2111903]
I've had a quick search to see if there is anything on here already, but couldn't see anything. If I've missed it sorry :).

Bit of a selfish one as it benefits me, but there will be lots of players who it would help as well.

My suggestion is to have different coloured backgrounds that can be picked. I know we have dark mode but others as well. For example my dyslexia is helped when I'm writing/reading on blue paper.

There are programs that you can get that put an overlay over your whole screen, however for many this doesn't help massively as it makes everything have a tint of blue (for example) rather than blue background with black text still (if that makes sense).
Gothologist [2306065] Wiki Contributor
Love the idea, but there are extensions/userscripts that do the same thing, not only for torn but for your entire browser as well :) I'm also dyslexic, I could link you to a few options that I use to help if you'd like.

While we're on the topic of accessibility I would like, however, for there to be an option to make the text on the game a bit bigger, without absolutely screwing up the size of everything else like zooming the screen in or changing browser settings does. Currently, not all the text in the game gets bigger when I change the font size in my browser settings, which makes it weird and not worth doing. Zooming to 110% (how I currently play) helps when I'm on PC and have a mouse to easily scroll but it makes the textboxes and everything else bigger as well which I don't need and doesn't do anything on mobile.


PS: hi FLUX members <3
LosingGrip [2111903]
Bump!

I've had a bit of a play with some extensions and the ones that I've found only provide a colour overlay rather than change the background (so for example the grey background now has a blue overlay rather than the background being blue).

The best example is changing to dark mode. This changes the background rather than an overlay.