Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Spooky Baking Competition

Started by bogie [148747] Admin on in Community Events.

53 replies · 9.74k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
48 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
86 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

veramon [280841] ×1 Heasleys4hemp [1468764] ×1 Anemoon [1565175] ×1 ShanRei [2259836] ×1 GlorifiedKiller [2659552] ×1

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
We, the Torn Community Event judges, have run many baking competitions over the years, and honestly, we find most of your attempts at “food” scary enough. That means you’re going to have to put some serious effort in if you want to frighten us with your entries into the Spooky Baking Competition.

We’d like you to present us with a culinary creation that is in some way scary. You could go down the obvious route of baking a bunch of bloody, bone-chilling cupcakes. Or you could take a more abstract approach and somehow represent the feeling of existential dread through the medium of gingerbread. Whatever you make, be it sweet or savoury, make it spooky.


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]THE RULES[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Make a scary, edible item out of actual food that you can eat.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Your entry must be your own work and not stolen off the internet, JACKO.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Include your name or ID and the year on a piece of paper somewhere in the photograph.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]You may not use entries from previous years, or food that has already been processed by your body.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]You may submit up to three entries in one post if you’re a big shot who can afford to do so.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Do not post anything explicit or in contravention of Torn’s rules.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]All entries must be submitted by 23:59:59 on the 6th of November.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]The winners will be selected by the Community Events Team.[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]The decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.[/background]










[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Prizes to be awarded[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]1st place: Gold ribbon + honor bar + 1,000 points + special gift + Halloween Mask[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]2nd place: Silver ribbon + 500 points + special gift + Halloween Mask[/background]




[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]3rd place: Bronze ribbon + 250 points + special gift + Halloween Mask[/background]

ccsama [2813486]
This is a high protein food. I call it Spicy Salt Grasshopper



The production method is to remove the wings according to friends' preferences after washing



Actually, it doesn't matter, because friends who are afraid of eating it won't be willing to eat it because they don't have wings



However, the friends who like it are full of praise, which is suitable for drinking



I will marinate with special sauce before frying, but the curing time cannot be too long, otherwise, I will lose some layered rich taste of the ingredients



Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spicy spices, and you can have a drink even in cold winter!



Cheers!

[image: profileimages.torn.com]
Yenna [2715649]
#1. "Poison" Candied Apples (sugarcoated) with a nightshade garnish and grapevine sticks
[image: i.imgur.com]

#2. Devil's Food Cake with milk chocolate ganache and marshmallow fluff spider web. Disney Infinity Jack Skellington is now a cake topper since he serves no other purpose.
[image: i.imgur.com]

#3. Homemade sugar cookies with homemade sugar frosting. If you've ever baked with kids (especially when it comes to powdered sugar, frosting, and sprinkles), you know how scary this whole situation actually is.

[image: i.imgur.com]
Anemoon [1565175]
Hey People!

Never have i had so much Problems with decorating my first cake.
I wasted 1kilo of white chocolate so i ditched the idea of having a orange coloured chocolate cover and went for Orange Buttercream instead.
Only to see that the orange is so pale ... I think something scared my little pumpkin! o.O

So here is the first of my entries to the bake competition.

Inside the pumpkin a Schwarzwälder kirschtorte.
Buttercream icing, fondant and candy decoration.
[image: i.imgur.com]

After finishing the pumpkin i went to prepare myself for the Halloween event... something went horribly wrong. :S

[image: i.imgur.com]
It's a Red Velvet Cakeroll ... with Buttercream and strawberry filling. covered in fondant….and Blood! (Cherry syrup)


Spooky one armed Hug from Ane.
Happy Halloween!!!

[image: i.imgur.com]
Javapenguin [2829560]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]I am new and decided to try my HAND at cooking for this competition![/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]My entries are[/background]
severed meatloaf hands [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]and[/background]
finger macaroni.


[image: i.postimg.cc]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]I was referred to the game a few weeks ago by a good friend and I have been playing nonstop! [/background]


I really like the community and the freedom the game gives you.


SEVERED MEATLOAF HANDS
[image: i.postimg.cc]
McCormick meatloaf seasoning, breadcrumbs, lil' smokies (for fingers), eggs, diced onions, a full KILOGRAM of BEEF and LOADS of ketchup (blood).


FINGER MACARONI
[image: i.postimg.cc]
I wanted something other than 2lbs of beef for dinner so I took some box jalapeno max n cheese
Threw in the rest of the lil' smokies since I had a huge bag

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]

Both were DELICIOUS. Especially the fingers on the hands! Crunchy and delicious from all the juices baking![/background]


[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]I believe I have more ideas to add but for now these are my submissions!
I hope they were SPOOKY enough![/background]


Happy Halloween!!!!!

Edit: I forgot to put the year on the notepad sorry. Hopefully its ok since I already ate them and my account is only 21 days old

Skein [2531848]
This is a Foot Roulette Stromboli. It's a roll of 100% homemade pizza dough stuffed with marinara, Italian sausage, mozzarella, roasted red peppers, and sundried tomatoes. The marinara and cheese oozing out of it is by design. The toes are little balls of pizza dough.

[image: i.imgur.com]

UPDATE: Given there are so many amazing entries in this competition, I re-made my Foot Roulette Stromboli and tried to up my game. This one (also completely homemade) has herbed dough and is stuffed with prosciutto, marinara, onions, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan, and garlic. The toes are filled with mozzarella.

[image: i.imgur.com]