I mean, theft of a "favorite weapon" could easily be mitigated if theft was limited to unequipped items.
I agree with that other dude that suggested a job special. That is a good idea. 50 nerve a go, perhaps? This, of course, wouldn't be worth the nerve after a short while after everyone stocks their inventories with garbage to reduce the chances of losing something important.
If it were ever an option, I agree that it would have to be limited to unequipped items, and exclude bazaars and Display cases.
Also, say everyone starts stocking their inventories with tons of garbage, would the market prices of those trash items increase becoming more valuable? As there is now a higher demand?
A couple people asking how I would define "truly" inactive. My answer - no clue. That's not something I've ever had to work out before. Perma-feds and closed accounts are the only ones I can see as irreversibly inactive.
Then the hamsters DC would be shit. I like it for Duke missions from a fedded account whome you previously couldn't attack and deffo wont be coming back though.
But, just to play devil's advocate, if this was a Duke Mission (which traditionally uses rotating inactives) that pops up once in a while, that wouldn't effect new players at all
I could see it as a job special. A 24hr event would be an absolutely madhouse! Interesting thought though to have it work for looting open bazaars, an option I hadn't thought of And we definitely can, it was just something something thought provoking that came to mind. Hence why it's not a real suggestion haha
Definitely not! It's not a real suggestion, just wanted to bring it up as a discussion topic. The mechanics that would go into it would definitely be complex, and definitely aren't going to realistically happen. I did say that it would cause a lot of conflict as an attack option, just wanted to hear people's thoughts on if it could theoretically work in other places such as a Job Special or Duke Mission et cetera :)
Good thing robbing other players' items isn't possible. Weaker players will have less incentive to stay in the game as stronger players rob them of no longer just their money and playtime (via hospitalizing), but now their inventory as well.