Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Closing account...

Started by veteranz [1941838] on in Questions & Answers.

30 replies · 961 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

veteranz [1941838]
Just wondering, I'd like to shed some light on this because it's not discussed anywhere unless someone could post the link. If I closed my account, and made a new one, what are the don'ts?

Reason why I ask, me and my friend are thinking of creating a faction, but if I close my account and make a new one am I able to join the faction and become a co-leader?
narO [2312928]
Sure you could join your friends faction and become a Co lead, as long as you didnt transfer any wealth from this account to your friend before hand.

You also need to wait 10 days I think for the account to fully close before you can start a new
veteranz [1941838]
We want to buy a faction, considering he will be leader that'll mean I'll have to send him half the money for the faction. If I do that and then reset my account does that mean he can't give me a single dollar forever? Althought I only gave money to fund the faction cost?
WaywardSquid [2330087] Officer Officer
The account closure process is described here: https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Account_Closure. You must wait the full 14 days and complete the closure process prior to starting a new account. You can’t transfer and money or items from your old account to your new, and you can’t send money/items to another person to hold for your new account.
narO [2312928]
I can't give you a true ruling on that scenario, but buying somthing on one account, then closing the account to use the thing you bought on a second account sounds like it would break torn rules to me.

Why bother restarting? Just do better with the account you have
Tarelli [1060371]
Don't worry about that, just be better from now.

My stats were crap for my age, now they are only poor.

Your stats will be much worse if you restart.
Lasloa [2765159]
Don't let that discourage you! One of the great things about Torn is that you can bounce back from anything. Find a good faction, make some friends, Focus on Gym training :) You probably have an advantage being in Torn so long because you have more Merits because of it!

Focus on your own gameplay and try not to compare yourself to others. Torn is meant to be fun, you can play however you'd like! ^_^
Hopslam [795412]
Horrible plan if your concern is having bad stats for your age…

Comparing yourself to others in that regard will only steal your joy

you restart and will be worse off, waaaay worse off
Hopslam [795412]
Yikes. Who seriously would come back after 2 weeks to do an additional action just to close account, again. ?? I can’t imagine coming back to a site 2 weeks later after I originally sought to close it.
narO [2312928]
I think that's probably the point, you have to really really want to close your account to actually seal the deal
CRLF [2095076]
The easy answer, if you are determined to restart, is -- don't send your friend money for the faction. Just restart and lose whatever money you have. Once you restart, there's no issues sharing money (though you won't have any).

Though the better answer is -- don't restart.

There are 88,000 accounts active in the last four months, excluding fedded accounts and ones started but never played. On any particular day, we've got about 30,000 playing. No one is going to pay much attention to your account.

There are plenty of players -- even ones level 100 today -- who left the game for years and so seem "behind" for their age. It doesn't matter.