Once upon a time, all weapons and armors received individual stats, they already had them in the background for a while, but the item stats was made public eventually. I made a thread about the most used items, and named it The Best Items, I had a lot of fun gathering the information in the beginning, but we had some updates that essentially made a lot of the thread useless.
I did get details, as well as permission to post the effects of Flashes, Smokes, Tears and Pepper Sprays, those effects were previously hidden.
Eventually, after the updates, I didn't really feel like starting from scratch. Luckily, Proxima contacted me, asking if I would be OK with letting him taking it to the next step. His thread, called The Best/Worst Weapons! surpassed mine. My thread even leads with !!!!REPLACED!!!! with a link to his thread, and his thread leads with "I'm bringing Nobodys thread back", with a link to my thread.
This was exclusively a good experience, I got to do the base work while also witnessing how good someone else could perfect my work. Nothing but respect for how Proxima not only gave me a shoutout, but even asked for permission to take it to the next level (he certainly did).
Here comes the thing that bugs me though, the one that did not follow proper process... If you are familiar with the term "Busting Score", or today filtering by "Score" with scripts, that is something that I introduced as a terminology to Torn. My Jail, Busting & Bailing thread was the first time score was mentioned for busting, the first time busting information was collected in one place, myths being reduced to "really?" and so on.
A while later, Nosy [890872] created the thread Advanced Jail Bust Guide. Good work, but it was obvious to me that they were inspired by my thread. Their intro is "nothing of value was found, everything was trash", that was where I started, like literally everything was myths and hypothesis when I wrote my thread, but hey? What if they never saw my thread, I can't blame them, their thread contained more words so... Didn't really add much beyond my thread so I figured I should just forget it...
I couldn't, I reached out, here's the result:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
I'm not one for claiming credit where I'm not owed it, honestly Proxima took it a step beyond what I would expect, but this has pissed me off. I got even more pissed off a few days ago when I saw the thread by Nosy was still not updated. Our chat happened on 27/10 right after midnight. It doesn't cost much to give credit, I've gotten maybe 5-10 upvotes since Proxima perfected my work.
I don't care about the upvotes, I care about the credit that people give me when they carry my work forward. I'm not even friends with Proxima, but I respect his way of doing things the proper way, so much so that I remembered back to our conversation before he lifted my work beyond what I ever could.
I did get details, as well as permission to post the effects of Flashes, Smokes, Tears and Pepper Sprays, those effects were previously hidden.
Eventually, after the updates, I didn't really feel like starting from scratch. Luckily, Proxima contacted me, asking if I would be OK with letting him taking it to the next step. His thread, called The Best/Worst Weapons! surpassed mine. My thread even leads with !!!!REPLACED!!!! with a link to his thread, and his thread leads with "I'm bringing Nobodys thread back", with a link to my thread.
This was exclusively a good experience, I got to do the base work while also witnessing how good someone else could perfect my work. Nothing but respect for how Proxima not only gave me a shoutout, but even asked for permission to take it to the next level (he certainly did).
Here comes the thing that bugs me though, the one that did not follow proper process... If you are familiar with the term "Busting Score", or today filtering by "Score" with scripts, that is something that I introduced as a terminology to Torn. My Jail, Busting & Bailing thread was the first time score was mentioned for busting, the first time busting information was collected in one place, myths being reduced to "really?" and so on.
A while later, Nosy [890872] created the thread Advanced Jail Bust Guide. Good work, but it was obvious to me that they were inspired by my thread. Their intro is "nothing of value was found, everything was trash", that was where I started, like literally everything was myths and hypothesis when I wrote my thread, but hey? What if they never saw my thread, I can't blame them, their thread contained more words so... Didn't really add much beyond my thread so I figured I should just forget it...
I couldn't, I reached out, here's the result:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
I'm not one for claiming credit where I'm not owed it, honestly Proxima took it a step beyond what I would expect, but this has pissed me off. I got even more pissed off a few days ago when I saw the thread by Nosy was still not updated. Our chat happened on 27/10 right after midnight. It doesn't cost much to give credit, I've gotten maybe 5-10 upvotes since Proxima perfected my work.
I don't care about the upvotes, I care about the credit that people give me when they carry my work forward. I'm not even friends with Proxima, but I respect his way of doing things the proper way, so much so that I remembered back to our conversation before he lifted my work beyond what I ever could.
Mentions: Nosy [890872] · Proxima [1879587] · Advanced Jail Bust Guide · Jail, Busting & Bailing · The Best Items!! - Nobody · The Best/Worst Weapons!