Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Self medication

Started by cursedbastard [2919455] on in Health & Fitness.

10 replies · 185 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

cursedbastard [2919455]
I have been diagnosed with moderate depression and anxiety. Yet I dread the taste of medicine. I'm wondering if I should attempt self medication. I have had psychotic episodes in the past and suicidal thoughts. Biweekly therapy and I am in constant mental
anguish. Should I start self medication? I'm thinking of cannabis or psilocybin
ElHeffe [2564022]
You know what always cures a severe depression - taking a bunch of random drugs with no medical supervision.

Because you won't suffer any depression when you've killed yourself.

Speak to your therapist. Ask if a SSRI like Citalopram might help you.
Steppenwulf [2960257]
You're asking people to give you medical advice on an online game forum. Seriously, this is not the place to get medical advice. I'm sorry to hear you have a problem with the way prescription pills 'taste' but you know, you're not supposed to taste them, you're supposed to swallow them whole. I would really recommend you talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist about your issue with the taste.
Giga_Chad [2793637]
Eat more meat, get more sunshine, get out and do something that gets your blood flowing, go canoing, hiking, make plans to make more money etc
Keza [2672120]
Ridiculous advice for someone who’s had psychotic episodes, and that’s me saying that as a weed smoker.