Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Logged out

Started by _MrMason_ [1813177] on in Bugs & Issues.

58 replies · 853 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
59
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

marsey99 [1404499]
twice in the past 24 hours here.

not talking about when i switch devices, or even using different browsers on the same machine. just when i try to click a link after a little bit of idle time, i went to grab a fresh coffee just for eq. the new page is the login page.

i seem to be on pod 18 all the time that i have noticed. will pay more attention to it from now on.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
Yeah, same here. I'm normally logged in for months at a time (I only use TornPDA, no browsers and definitely not the official app :-p ), however had to log in both yesterday and today.

Not the biggest inconvenience in the world XD but, if it's not an intended/expected consequence of the recent backend changes, then it could indicate a deeper issue.


EDIT: it's an Android phone, if that helps but it'll probably be the same on all devices/browsers by the looks of it.
marsey99 [1404499]
i'm not talking about one device logging the other out. i'm talking about just being logged out and redirected to the login page when clicking a link. same browser, same device.
THCBlueberry [123265]
Same here, was okay this morning but started a few hours ago maybe for me. I know about the multiple device logout issue but i am only on PC and no other device.
marsey99 [1404499]
just done it again.

same device, same browser. not used my phone or laptop or tablet. just sat with the pc on.

chatting in faction chat, switched tab to change songs and when i switched tabs back and clicked the forums link i am logged out.

edit

now on pod 17
Gladion20 [1832984]
That's what happened to me, was getting ready to fly, changed tabs to a different site real fast, then clicked back and was logged out.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
As others have mentioned, this is not the same issue that you've linked to.

As a working example, as I mentioned I only use TornPDA on one Android phone, I logged in a few hours ago, did a few things and flew. Closed the app as normal. Opened the app at the expected landing time and needed to log back in again. That's never happened before in my time on this platform and, I really hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence, because this certainly is a bigger inconvenience than being logged out once a day. Fortunately, I wasn't attacked abroad but, very easily could've been in those extra few seconds.

Is this an expected consequence of the recent changes? If it is, then it sucks. Just sayin'. *shrugs*



EDIT: has an inactivity timer been added backend? EG. if an account has had no activity for an hour, it's automatically logged out?
oraN [1778676]
its not related to that one, I did not login to another session to be logged out, it just automatically logged me out. again very infrequent only happened like twice today during the last 6 hours. never had a issue like this before. I think this might be a one-time issue maybe devs were testing something?
Eldragos [1632859]
Same situation here. I get logged out just using google chrome on android. No switching platforms or devices. I just come back after being afk and I'm logged out