Mad respect for self-reflecting, some people will never have the courage to sit and think on their perspective beyond what they've been taught but I'm glad you chose accepting your family over rejecting them. Whether a god exists or not is another question, but if they do then loving their creations is probably worth more in their eyes than denouncing it. :)
Happy Pride 2023!
Started by Nyx [2236278] Officer on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 542 / 542 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Happy pride! Open the wallets for the corporate overlords and the rainbow washing!
Don't let the commercialization of pride in the West erase the very real struggles and danger that LGBT continue to face in the rest of the world, as well as the danger that trans people in particular face everywhere.
Don't let the commercialization of pride in the West erase the very real struggles and danger that LGBT continue to face in the rest of the world, as well as the danger that trans people in particular face everywhere.
It's actually so sad what capitalism / corporations made out of Pride and LGBT. They only see us as walking colourful wallets.
But on the more positive note, happy pride month everyone :)
But on the more positive note, happy pride month everyone :)
[image: i.ibb.co]
Nice.
Gonna go to the pride parade in two weeks and hope I can still play Torn since it's during our war. :')
Missing a festival so adding in a parade in its place.
Nice.
Gonna go to the pride parade in two weeks and hope I can still play Torn since it's during our war. :')
Missing a festival so adding in a parade in its place.
As much as corporations are disingenuous about their support as they only support their profits, I'd much rather they do it than if they didn't. It's still creating awareness to an audience who may have never interacted with the LGBTQ+ before and might encourage potential research into it in their own time. Even if they have their best interests at heart, having rainbow themed items only grants visibility and hurts the bigots who are offended by it regardless. But yeah, pride can be a time of celebration of progress and a time to bring awareness to present issues we have still yet to face.
What the!
It's definitely better than hate. I'm just a cynical bitch.
Happiest of gay month to everyone!
Happy Pride Month y'all!
To those whining about this not being in NR, I'll be deleting those posts too as it's just aiming to drive the thread off topic.
Quite frankly I don't consider it to be non related, it's a great opportunity for the Torn community to show support.
It's in GD because it is relevant to Torn, you may not like it but plenty of players are within the LGBT+ community and we want to show our support and official stance.
We also allow other things in GD at our discretion for further visibility, New years, Christmas, many other religious holidays and events that may not have actual events within Torn (Eid or Lunar New Year for example), even American independence day have all had their allowance for threads in GD.
Your fake concern for the guidelines is appreciated, but very transparent and also you're just wrong. It's the same voices coming up every year complaining only about Pride, noticeable not of any other threads of similar "Non Torn" nature.
I have to repeat this every year to people who just try to hide this away, and the fact that I do just shows why public support is so necessary.
Quite frankly I don't consider it to be non related, it's a great opportunity for the Torn community to show support.
It's in GD because it is relevant to Torn, you may not like it but plenty of players are within the LGBT+ community and we want to show our support and official stance.
We also allow other things in GD at our discretion for further visibility, New years, Christmas, many other religious holidays and events that may not have actual events within Torn (Eid or Lunar New Year for example), even American independence day have all had their allowance for threads in GD.
Your fake concern for the guidelines is appreciated, but very transparent and also you're just wrong. It's the same voices coming up every year complaining only about Pride, noticeable not of any other threads of similar "Non Torn" nature.
I have to repeat this every year to people who just try to hide this away, and the fact that I do just shows why public support is so necessary.
As a prominent member of the enby community, this impacts my life both in and out of Torn, therefore general discussion is the correct place for this thread as it is Torn related. We are celebrating Torn’s celebration of pride, not discussing in real life pride.
Happy Pride Month !
This thread is SO gay, and it is fabulous.
Happy Pride!!
Happy Pride!!
Happy Pride.
New to Torn, and as a non-binary person, I m still wondering how to express my identity in Torn.
Have a good day
Love is love
New to Torn, and as a non-binary person, I m still wondering how to express my identity in Torn.
Have a good day
Love is love
so, you gonna add some context to this, or are you just gonna keep your first forum post looking like "hey btw everyone i am a homophobe"
No need to write in complete sente.
Awesome! and absolutely, people will spend a lot of time in factions while playing so I think it would be beneficial for factions to have similar events like this, who knows, you might be surprised who is in your faction and appreciates it more than you know. :)
Pride month is always crazy where I live, lots of parades and stuff. I try to stay away cause it’s just not my scene mainly because not into being super “flamboyant” myself so it’s not really the place for your average bi dude. Regardless I’m glad people are opening up more about it and being open and honest with themselves
You don't have to be flamboyant for pride events to be for you! Just because you only see pictures of all the extravagantly dressed people doesn't mean there aren't tons of people there just looking like your average joe/jane. Pride is for all
Probably depends where you live. Seriously in the Ann Arbor area you don’t see many people at the events not in belly shirts. I used to go when I was younger but now I just chill and do my thing cause that’s a lot less stressful to me than being in a packed bar or club. For those that enjoy it though, I hope they have fun