I feel it's a bit restricting to NOT be able to choose a company name that's already in-use BUT isn't an active company.
My proposal is as follows:
What defines an inactive company:
- Inactive director (over 100 days inactive) - This condition should eventually also catch the directors who are in federal jail permanently.
What I propose could be the new name of those inactive companies:
- I'd suggest naming them "Inactive#{COMPANY_ID}" e.g. Inactive#999999
- Also, ensure that companies can be renamed to a string starting with "Inactive" or "Inactive#" ONLY by the system and NOT by the directors.
Other naming conventions could be:
"#{COMPANY_ID}" e.g.#999999 and ensure that "#" can be used for renaming companies ONLY by the system and NOT by the directors.
Adapted from Kvitka [2488283]'s idea
This idea can possibly be extended to Factions / Destroyed Factions as well.
My proposal is as follows:
What defines an inactive company:
- Inactive director (over 100 days inactive) - This condition should eventually also catch the directors who are in federal jail permanently.
What I propose could be the new name of those inactive companies:
- I'd suggest naming them "Inactive#{COMPANY_ID}" e.g. Inactive#999999
- Also, ensure that companies can be renamed to a string starting with "Inactive" or "Inactive#" ONLY by the system and NOT by the directors.
Other naming conventions could be:
"#{COMPANY_ID}" e.g.#999999 and ensure that "#" can be used for renaming companies ONLY by the system and NOT by the directors.
Adapted from Kvitka [2488283]'s idea
This idea can possibly be extended to Factions / Destroyed Factions as well.
Mentions: Private_Joker [2488283]