i have to do it sooner rather than later, but still idk if i should dive into it with only 1 crime out yet.
do i migrate?
Started by JusticeDragon [2641318] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 14
- Likes on archived posts
- 18
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
· 4 likes ·
as they say, the early bird gets the worm
as they say, the early bird gets the worm
I saw if as you’ll lose some of the crime merits and honors when you switch over so theres no real point to wait and keep grinding out 1.0. Also, I’ll want to get every 2.0 crime to 100 skill anyways so it doesnt matter to me that only 1 crime is out so far, I’ll be on it for a while.
It may be best to check if you'll gain or lose any merits. Ngl main reason I moved over was because with how the new medals were, it gave me around 25 extra merits to work with. The one crime isn't much but others will be added in time, and working towards the new stuff never really hurt.
You will lose honor bar graphics though, no way around that sadly.
You will lose honor bar graphics though, no way around that sadly.
I migrated, I feel like 2-3 weeks between each crime coming out gives a decent amount of times to "grind" the 2 nerve crimes and get all the important bits done. I'd rather not have it all at once to do (levelling it up to 75 etc)*
I think there may be a reason to wait a week. Seems like it would take about 15 days to finish the 2 nerve crimes, if you hammer them. I will be a bit disappointed if I finish 2 nerve crimes and 3 nerve crimes are not released. Ultimately I decided to migrate because I got 26 frigin' merits. If that means I spend an extra week or two hitting 2 nerve crimes for no progress, so be it. I am hopeful that 3 nerve crimes come out within 2 weeks.
I am in favor of migration, but in some cases I can definitely understand waiting.
I like the get in early and finish leveling everything as it's released, but I understand the wait and do a big chunk at once.
I like the get in early and finish leveling everything as it's released, but I understand the wait and do a big chunk at once.
But the second mouse gets the cheese
I get the impression that if your concern is CE growth in the short term or cash flow from FBI hacks, you should wait.
I already had most of the 1.0 merits, with just Drugs and GTA left to do. Looking at the graph, I decided to take the plunge into 2.0 because I'd only be working towards awards that would either be lost in the new system, or might be easier. Plus, it's always good to start getting familier with how the new system works, and getting in on Day 1 seemed the best way to do that. I'm also already a PA lead, so even if OCS 2.0 screws me over when it's released, a few more 1.0 crimes here or there won't change that.
I already had most of the 1.0 merits, with just Drugs and GTA left to do. Looking at the graph, I decided to take the plunge into 2.0 because I'd only be working towards awards that would either be lost in the new system, or might be easier. Plus, it's always good to start getting familier with how the new system works, and getting in on Day 1 seemed the best way to do that. I'm also already a PA lead, so even if OCS 2.0 screws me over when it's released, a few more 1.0 crimes here or there won't change that.
Similar question but with a more specific focus lol - am I understanding things correctly in that as far as getting the most possible merits unlocked in the long term, staying on 1.0 longer to unlock more old merits is pointless because they are all lost upon switching regardless of what was gained? And so specifically from this pov/part of the decision, there's no point in staying? (I know there are other benefits like gaining more CE on current higher crimes first but that's not what I'm interested in finding out)
You can work on merits for 2.0 you just have to calculate how many you need for the new categories instead of the 1.0 categories. Not sure it's worth it, but that's what I'm doing since I'm stuck on 1.0 anyways.
Right technically you can but I'm saying for the 1.0 ones specifically, like the honors (which it doesn't seem we get with 2.0) - getting them is now pointless in the long run since we have to switch and they're removed then?
Yeah the old ones get removed and replaced with the new ones.
Only good reasons not to switch would be if you’re doing crimes for income, to continue gaining higher crime xp for a little longer, or if you like to be able to fail certain crimes on purpose for jail or hosp time. Can’t think of any others at the moment.
I'm sticking to 1.0 for now
1. Currently more profitable
2. Currently gives more crime exp
3. If you don't, or even if you do already have all current crime merits, you can start grinding out the ones you don't have in crimes 1.0
You can take advantage of those now but not later. As far as crimes 2.0 system itself, you'll have eternity to do what you want with it down the road.
1. Currently more profitable
2. Currently gives more crime exp
3. If you don't, or even if you do already have all current crime merits, you can start grinding out the ones you don't have in crimes 1.0
You can take advantage of those now but not later. As far as crimes 2.0 system itself, you'll have eternity to do what you want with it down the road.
And the 2nd mouse gets the cheese... But yes, I preferred taking the hit now than down the line.
I was set back 8 merits, had all the old crime merits completed and did all the drug crimes in the old hard mode, got royally f**ked by doing that now (let alone when drug crime punishment was reduced by like 90%) when C2.0 came. Still, if the skill can go beyond 100, there is no downside to going for C2.0 now. Honestly would just delay your progress.
I was set back 8 merits, had all the old crime merits completed and did all the drug crimes in the old hard mode, got royally f**ked by doing that now (let alone when drug crime punishment was reduced by like 90%) when C2.0 came. Still, if the skill can go beyond 100, there is no downside to going for C2.0 now. Honestly would just delay your progress.