Elon has declared that Cis, and Cisgender to be Slurs on The Twitter platform, and repeated, targeted use can lead to, in his own words "at minimum, temporary suspensions".
Obviously people on the left are crowing about "free speech" and the righties are having a chuckle. I honestly think it's just stupid. I think a lot of people use the term Cis in a hateful way, but I think banning it is really dumb.
I guess this is just another page in the book of Twitter Shenanigans.
My organic chemistry Twitter channel is going to be under way more scrutiny than I expected
https://twitter.com/JamesEsses/status/1671060322667380741
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671370284102819841
https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1670997133733040128
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671379285876064257
One really has to wonder if there are two Elon Musks. One who wants Twitter to become an everything app where news, video, financial transactions and all other activities are carried out.
Then there's the other who wants it to be a playground for anime nazi pedos.
How odd.
Obviously people on the left are crowing about "free speech" and the righties are having a chuckle
Any one that can see how hypocritical it is, is a leftie now? You know, the guy that crowed up and down about unbanning people, and allowing talk about anything, is now banning specific word terminology... I think it's a hypocritical,
and I am laughing, what does that make me?
How is this subject political, or the law?
"anime nazi pedos"? Care to explain that one? From what I've heard, Elon has cracked down considerably more on CP than old twitter ever did, and the big replacement, mastodon, was a literal nest of pedos and pedo networks.
Yeah, Musk loves the anime, nazi pedo crowd.
I mean, you don't need to be all three to get a re-tweet from him. But it helps.
Guys, please. Elon said he is not cis and that's ok. They are allowed to come out as trans at any age.
Proud of you, sis.
Who is complaining about free speech? Twitter isn't the government and is allowed to set whatever rules it wants about content moderation.
Don't really think this move is going to help Twitter woo advertisers back to the platform though.
My god, musk is a twelve year old who never grew up
What an angry little man you are
Good. It is more often than not used in a pejorative context, so it definitely falls under the hate speech category. Many words we consider slurs today used to have innocuous meanings, this one just happened to do a speed run, which I think is quite representative of the people that tend to use it.
Leftist, as a means to mock Elon who claimed Twitter was the land of free speech.
Making fun of Elon isn't really the same as complaining about free speech though. He made a big stink about being a free speech absolutist and was a champion of "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach". I feel like a departure from those principles is valid criticism.
Tbf, there's still more free speech on twitter than there was before.
I mean, yeah. I won't argue that. That's not necessarily a good thing for the economic outlook of Twitter as advertisers are still quite skittish. Still down
59% year over year.
I suspect what's gonna happen is the new CEO is going to gradually nudge Twitter back to its old self and we'll hit the status quo again.
Likely so. I doubt they will crack down on much outside of just blatant slurs. Twitter still has a lot of potential
'Cis' is an insult?
transphobes sure want it to be, can't handle having their cisnormative worldview challenged