Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Twitter Shenanigans

Started by ZickyJackz [497258] on in Politics & Law.

189 replies · 999 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 190 / 190 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
190
Discussion span
→
Authority score
12 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ZickyJackz [497258]
Elon has declared that Cis, and Cisgender to be Slurs on The Twitter platform, and repeated, targeted use can lead to, in his own words "at minimum, temporary suspensions".

Obviously people on the left are crowing about "free speech" and the righties are having a chuckle. I honestly think it's just stupid. I think a lot of people use the term Cis in a hateful way, but I think banning it is really dumb.

I guess this is just another page in the book of Twitter Shenanigans.
ValentineBane [1810481]
https://twitter.com/JamesEsses/status/1671060322667380741

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671370284102819841

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1670997133733040128

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1671379285876064257
ElHeffe [2564022]
One really has to wonder if there are two Elon Musks. One who wants Twitter to become an everything app where news, video, financial transactions and all other activities are carried out.
Then there's the other who wants it to be a playground for anime nazi pedos.

How odd.
Bhappychap [2270497]
Obviously people on the left are crowing about "free speech" and the righties are having a chuckle
Any one that can see how hypocritical it is, is a leftie now? You know, the guy that crowed up and down about unbanning people, and allowing talk about anything, is now banning specific word terminology... I think it's a hypocritical, and I am laughing, what does that make me?

How is this subject political, or the law?
ZickyJackz [497258]
"anime nazi pedos"? Care to explain that one? From what I've heard, Elon has cracked down considerably more on CP than old twitter ever did, and the big replacement, mastodon, was a literal nest of pedos and pedo networks.
ElHeffe [2564022]
Yeah, Musk loves the anime, nazi pedo crowd.

I mean, you don't need to be all three to get a re-tweet from him. But it helps.
Shamrya [2549702]
Guys, please. Elon said he is not cis and that's ok. They are allowed to come out as trans at any age.

Proud of you, sis.
angrysc0tsman12 [1099272]
Who is complaining about free speech? Twitter isn't the government and is allowed to set whatever rules it wants about content moderation.

Don't really think this move is going to help Twitter woo advertisers back to the platform though.
Madgod [1733719]
Good. It is more often than not used in a pejorative context, so it definitely falls under the hate speech category. Many words we consider slurs today used to have innocuous meanings, this one just happened to do a speed run, which I think is quite representative of the people that tend to use it.
angrysc0tsman12 [1099272]
Making fun of Elon isn't really the same as complaining about free speech though. He made a big stink about being a free speech absolutist and was a champion of "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach". I feel like a departure from those principles is valid criticism.
angrysc0tsman12 [1099272]
I mean, yeah. I won't argue that. That's not necessarily a good thing for the economic outlook of Twitter as advertisers are still quite skittish. Still down 59% year over year.

I suspect what's gonna happen is the new CEO is going to gradually nudge Twitter back to its old self and we'll hit the status quo again.