Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Referral issue

Started by Dom5721 [2949616] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 110 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100

Most-liked replies

Dom5721 [2949616]
Device: samsung SM-F936B Android: 13 App version: 1.9.32

Hi I made my first account about 2 days ago and I put a user as my referral "AnusOfSatanus" as he recommended me the game. But it is not showing up as he referred me on my or his account. Could you please add this referral. Thank you
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
The person in question has a prolific history of submitting fake referrals and has served a federal sentence due to multiple rule breaks. I have clarified in their last request that we will no longer be adding any referrals manually for them.

Thanks!

Mentions: Referal glitch

Dom5721 [2949616]
Can I please make a new referral then with another user as I didn't know this at the time otherwise I wouldn't have gone through with his referral.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I don't think you understand the concept of referral. Did multiple people tell you about Torn at the very same time?
Dom5721 [2949616]
I completely understand the concept of a referral I'm not stupid. But as he recommended me the game before I had joined torn, how was I supposed to know he had a prolific history of making fake referrals..? So in theory my only chance of a referral has gone to waste to someone like him??
La-Sombra [2798695]
He should still get the referral. Yes he made some fake ones in the past. But this one isn't. You shouldnt punish new players for something an older player did, before they even joined.

Loving this new 2.0 btw!
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
If you completely understand the concept of a referral, then you know it has no benefit to you. So what does it matter? If he recommended you to Torn, and has a history of fake referrals, then he should have made sure to have you use his referral link. Sounds like a total nonissue to me.
Dom5721 [2949616]
Sorry, I think you're missing my point. I know I don't get anything from it.

I'm saying that the referral could have gone to someone who genuinely wants to use a referral properly. As of now my only chance of having someone take use of me joining Torn has gone to someone who has misused referrals in the past. As stated above in my last post they should give me another chance to use someone else as a referral because I didn't know he had a history of using it in that way before I joined. Torn is at fault here for letting a referral code be used with someone who they know had a history of misusing it.?? I had multiple people tell me about Torn and asked me to join but I chose that certain guy as he seemed genuine. I'm happy to let it go down to experience but torn is at fault here.
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
The referral can and should only go to the person who provided you a referral link to join torn. Not to who wants to use it "properly", because if it goes to anyone other than the person who invited you to Torn, by definition it can't be being "properly" used.

You had two chances and do not deserve another. One when you signed up at the recommendation of these multiple people who told you about Torn and didn't use their link, and another with this post. Maybe you got f**ked by the luck of just happening to have a friend who used to abuse the retroactive referral function, but I doubt that because that person would almost certainly have you use his referral link given that's the only way he will receive credit.

Torn isn't at fault for a damn thing. Torn staff only retroactively applies referrals out of courtesy because there are two types of idiots who dick this process up: those who don't know how to give a referral link, and those who don't know how to use a referral link. I hope it goes without saying you and your multiple people all fall into one of the two categories. Good day.