Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Flashing while being attacked

Started by Shooby [2510470] on in General Discussion.

96 replies · 2.5k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 97 / 97 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I know usually if someone creates the first thread about an update without much thought, and immediately puts a negative spin on it, we see a bandwagon effect that's difficult to recover from.

After testing this all with the committee, it proved to be a very popular update, so I only ask that you all just give it a chance for a few days. The effect can be dialed up or down as required, alternatively we'll just remove it entirely. We certainly won't have an official toggle to enable / disable it, we'll just remove it entirely if we have to.
Lenin [2199004]
i'm only concerned about how my standard practice of having ~200 active tabs will handle this; things were already janky as is with the white screen :p
Ariston [2322328] Wiki Contributor
I would have preferred the sound of thunderous applause or a group of females gasping in the throes of wanton lust upon winning an attack, or the sad trombone from The Price Is Right when losing.

In all seriousness, interested to see how this rolls.
Ahab [1735214]
We already know when we are hit in an attack we don't need flashing that made me think my eyes were going bad cause nobody knew what I was talking about.
Vrocks [2577848]
Depending on how it's implemented, wouldn't it open the gates to easier automated scripting? deposit cash on attack, SED on attack, travel on attack etc.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I'd argue it's the exact opposite. It gives those who don't use scripts more of an opportunity to visually see what's happening rather than rely on notifications from life.
Vladar [1996140]
I find it’s quite nice during wars to give you a heads up an attacks under way. TBH I wasn’t sure at first. But after getting used to it, I like it.