Why become an activist ? Speaking as a male of the species and with 50+ years of general experience to draw on, I have the ONE reason. This is mostly for you younger guys,but can be employed at any age. You want to get laid ? You become an activist for some cause. It's the same reason I tell unattractive guys to learn how to play an instrument.
Just take on a cause any cause really. Save the Whales, Justice for ( fill in the blank here ), any and I mean any animal causes. You can go overtly political, but you have to be a bit more nuanced. That's like social justice 202. You want practice, get your feet wet with something everyone can agree with, like saving the planet. You'll never run out of work if you can find a way to make money saving the planet.
Personally, I do have a LABOR bent, but I tell you that the Teamsters is tough and VERY political....AND there are a lot of heavy old truckers and not too many cute women. Just saying.
So, your a young guy and need something to do on a Friday night other than drinking skunk IPA at the local brew pub, listen to the same old useless banter ? You want to pick it up a notch ? You find a cause. And you don't join a group, no...
You become the group. You are now the new head of a chapter of fix or save or do whatever it is you choose.
You are welcome..
Just take on a cause any cause really. Save the Whales, Justice for ( fill in the blank here ), any and I mean any animal causes. You can go overtly political, but you have to be a bit more nuanced. That's like social justice 202. You want practice, get your feet wet with something everyone can agree with, like saving the planet. You'll never run out of work if you can find a way to make money saving the planet.
Personally, I do have a LABOR bent, but I tell you that the Teamsters is tough and VERY political....AND there are a lot of heavy old truckers and not too many cute women. Just saying.
So, your a young guy and need something to do on a Friday night other than drinking skunk IPA at the local brew pub, listen to the same old useless banter ? You want to pick it up a notch ? You find a cause. And you don't join a group, no...
You become the group. You are now the new head of a chapter of fix or save or do whatever it is you choose.
You are welcome..