Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Paranormal Experiences

Started by MysteryBagMan [2784729] on in Paranormal.

53 replies · 1.12k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

MysteryBagMan [2784729]
Have you ever had anything paranormal happen in your life? If so, tell us the story. I like hearing stories of people's paranormal experiences!
crushet [2936031]
Yes,so I was about 6 at the time and before I was born my great grandfather passed away and I never saw him well I saw him on the Celine and few years later we go trough an album of old photos I point at him and ye
Jase [900312]
I was working a very difficult line cook job at a new brewery restaurant. It was very exciting at first, but I soon realized that things were quite terrible. The head chef had no idea what he was doing for he had been out of the Chef game for 8 years. The sous chefs were constantly bickering and doing their own thing with no cohesion between them. I had mondays and tuesdays off with my week starting on Wednesdays. I was set to work fry station on Wednesday night, and no one works fry by themselves. It’s a brewery and people want fried food. 22 fried food items between 5 fryers with 2 baskets each. Giant fry baskets. Not the little kid baskets you see at mcds or wherever. Well the head chef calls off the other fry cook cause he thinks he’s real smart. There was some major soccer game on that night or some sporting event and those fans came out. Did head Chef bother to check the tv lineup. 100% doubt it. Head chef never works nights and dipped as soon as shi was getting real. Sous Chef can’t help because no one knows how to effectively run expo and there is only one cook on each station, and they were not about to do extra work. I crushed it. Worked my tail off. 10 years line experience and it was the single most worst shift of my life. Worse than that time I was a manger at Wendy’s back in the day and all my closers called off and the Dm said just shut the lobby and do your best. I had a drive thru person till 11pm. Close at midnight. I was there till 5 am closing everything because I care about the work I do as a person. This shift at the brewery was worse than that by miles. Back to the brewery. I just had 2 days off. I’m ready to go, and I’m not ready for a day off until Sunday. I wake up Thursday at 11am. Have to be at work at 5pm and I am dead. Worse than dead. I want to die. Wishing I didn’t wake up. Its a beautiful spring day here in Florida and I open my kitchen window that faces out into the outside hallway for some fresh air. I’m sitting on my couch. Not watching tv, no video games, no phone, no music, not playing my electric bass, thinking about my life and if I should quit my job or not. Just silence and the birds outside. Dang, Lawn mowing day at my complex. I should shut my window because the leaf blower dude is going to come through the hallway and it’s dang loud. I’m not getting up. I don’t care. Hearing loss? Who cares. Sure enough, about 20 mins later the blower comes through and I look at my front door just to see if it’s locked for whatever reason. I look back towards my blank tv screen and just wait for it to be over. For some reason the blower stands in my corner of the hallway by the open window for a little bit longer than usual and I’m starting to get annoyed. I look at the window annoyed, but it’s his job so I look back at the blank tv. My ears are ringing bad. It’s so loud. All of a sudden, a dang ghost from the corner of my eye coming from the front door rushes at me and I get chills, gooses bumps, cold feeling, jump out of my dang skin scared like no other. This ghost was fast and screaming mouth wide open, black blank eyes, tattered dress, boney flesh peeling skin just like something straight out of a movie, and as soon as I look that way in eyes wide open terror, disappears along with the blower walking away at the same time. My heart is pounding, but I kind of laugh like, lol all in my head. At first I took it as a sign that I shouldn’t quit. Ok ghost I’ll be a good boy and go to work. But I started to think that maybe it was a sign that I was killing myself working this job and I should consider my worth. Now less than 2 months later I’m a new assistant manager of a pretty decent corporate run restaurant with full benefits and paid time off. Thank you ghost.
Psylux [2684727]
I remember the first time I heard about Slenderman.

It was 2009 and I was on holiday in Florida with my family and family friends. I was 10ish??

It was around Midnight and I was sharing a room with my Godbrother? (Godparents son)

He was reading Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft and we were discussing creepy stuff and then he asked me if I had ever heard about Slenderman.

No warning about it being creepypasta etc.

He proceeded to describe in detail about how once you see him, you see him everywhere and he follows you around and you see him in the trees etc.

He then proceeded to go to sleep and naturally I was super scared. I was looking out the window and just across from the house we were staying in was a patch of trees. (See trees in background of picture)

My brain was racing with so many thoughts about slenderman and for a second I was CONVINCED I saw something move in the trees.

Didn't sleep that well on that holiday
[image: i.imgur.com]
Psylux [2684727]
The other ones I have arent mine but my mum's stories.
=========================================

1. So my mum has never really claimed to believe in ghosts but she has had some really weird experiences.
The first one, she was a kid and she did a Ouija Board with my Grandmother, Grandfather and my Great Grandparents after dinner.

- Sidenote: I dont know why they decided this was a suitable post-dinner activity but hey-ho. Time before iphones and tiktok.

Anyway. They were doing the board and not much was happening. Then they asked for a sign if anyone was there.
The board went to Yes and then the phone rang. My mum answered it and she always tells me she has never felt so sick with fear because
somebody SCREAMED down the phone and hung up.

My family aren't the type to lie or play pranks and to this day they can't explain it.

=========================================

2. My mum and her work colleagues went on a tour of well renowned haunted locations in my City.

Being sceptical, my mum and her friends were joking around and laughing as they were walking to a really old house down a sort of country lane.
They started talking a little louder, then a bit louder again as my mum recalls there being a lot of noise and they were struggling to hear eachother.

They said that the noise was like walking past a field of children playing a ball game and cheering/laughing
.

All of a sudden my mum and her friends realised what they were hearing and then they said it just stopped. They were stood in the dark in silence so there shouldn't have been that unexplicable noise. They all claim it was one of the weirdest experiences ever.

I know what you are going to say 'there were speakers'. They have asked the guides, asked others who have been to the tours etc and nobody has experienced anything of the sort!
Nikant [2958466]
A few years back I was employed as the Operations Manager of a facility that housed a hotel, restaurant/bar, and event center all under the same roof. Many nights after we closed, a few employees, the head chef, and myself would have a few cocktails before heading home. On this particular evening, I was finishing up my weekly inventory/ordering for the bar while the rest of the staff sat at the bar. The head chef was well known for his "smart ass" demeanor which was just his was of getting people to have a laugh. He was sitting on the first bar chair which was directly to my left and was having a conversation with an individual at the òpposite end of the bar(horseshoe shaped), when suddenly you could hear the chefs bar chair slide back on the floor and when I turned to look, the chair had slid back from the bar and the chef was on his ass on the floor. It was if the chair had been pulled out from under him.

After a few minutes, which wasn't even enough time for the laughter to end, I went back to my office to review the security cam footage of the incident. I just couldn't comprehend how the chair was where it was and how he fell the way did. I attempted to pull up the video feed and the option to roll the video back was unavailable. In the previous five years I had been employed at the center, never once was the option to review the security footage unavailable!

We all went home and I didn't have to return to work until a few days later. The very first thing I did when I walked into my office was review the footage. I rolled back the cameras until just about five minutes before the incident happened. Just a few seconds before the fall, the camera closet to where chef was sitting flickered the way it would as if the lights were turned off and the camera went into night vision. The lights in the bar were all on and not one of the other cameras did this. And one second before he fell, the camera flickered off for just one second and when it came back on the chef was on the floor!!! When I reviewed other cameras, it clearly looked as if his chair was pulled straight out from under neath him!!

I have not one doubt about what made that chair move!!
cami6473 [2968976]
I have had experiences with "ghosts", or spirits, whatever you'd prefer to call them, my whole life. It started when I was young.

My family told me about encounters I had that I do not remember. But the earliest experiences I do remember were at my aunt's home, which was built on an Indian burial ground.
One time I was visiting her home & I thought someone was in my cousin's bedroom (he was at school during that time). I remember curiously going into his room, looking around. His closet door was closed, but I knew someone was inside because I could see their toes sticking out from underneath the door. They were big, hairy toes, I assume a grown man. Instead of being frightened I was a curious child, so I reached out and poked the big toe. Immediately the toes were pulled back into the closet, so quickly that it startled me. Confused, I went to my aunt who was sitting at the computer in the dining room. I asked her who was in the home, questioning whether my cousin or another male family member was there. She said no one else was home, it was just her, my little brother (who at this time was a baby), and myself. I told her about the big toes that were sticking out of the closet in my cousin's room. She went with me into the bedroom & opened the closet door. I was expecting someone to be inside, but the closet was empty. However, my aunt was not surprised. I had reported seeing "ghosts", or spirits, there ever since I was old enough to speak. The rest of the family who lived in the house also said they had seen ghosts, so this was nothing new.

But my journey with the paranormal did not end there. I continued seeing, hearing, and sensing ghosts & those energies for my entire life. Even now as a 25 year old adult I still have encounters with them. Sometimes I communicate with them. This started me on my journey with witchcraft, as now I am pagan & follow those beliefs.

I have so many other stories involving the paranormal. & I am sure I'll continue to encounter them. This world is a mysterious place, & I am interested in learning more about them!

~Cami
cami6473 [2968976]
My grandmother visited me after she passed away. I was in grade school at the time, the 4th grade I believe.
I found out years later that she also visited mother & sister.
I think she wanted to tell me "goodbye". Maybe she wanted to remind me that she would always be with me.
Makes me wonder about the afterlife & where we go when we pass away. Perhaps we stay with family. In a way it is comforting to know you'll never leave your loved ones. Maybe she's here to guide me after I eventually pass.
This world is an interesting place, and there is so much we don't understand about death.

~Cami
Nikant [2958466]
Addition to the story I told a few days ago.....
At the same facility, we were in the process of remodeling the hotel. The owners informed me the Fire Department would be in at 630am to run a diagnostic on our alarm systems. 630am was extremely early for me, most nights I didn't get the place closed down until close to 3am and it was a 25 minutes drive home, so I made the decision to spend the night and invited my then girlfriend to spend the night with me.

After just a few hours of rest, at 545 my girlfriend got up to attend an 8am college class. I walked her to her car, came back in and jumped into the shower. A few minutes into my private hot water affair, I heard two different voices having a conversation. I was quite certain I had locked the doors after walking my girlfriend out, so the only other explanation was maybe our human resources manager entered the building. I wrapped a towel around myself, went to the room door, opened it and listened. There was dead silence. I yelled out my co workers name, no response. At this point I thought maybe sleep deprivation was the answer. I dropped my towel, turned on the shower once again, and as I just started to enjoy the shower once again I heard the same two voices, but now there was laughter. Once again I equipped my body with the towel, this time opening the room door and walking down the hall towards the lobby, again saying the employees name. Dead silence again. Within seconds I hear a very loud thud on the second floor. At this point fear slightly rushed over me. What the f'ck was going on? I wasn't under the influence, I checked the entire place and found nothing.

Over the next few years, a handful of our guests reported hearing the same exact sounds over night. Our hotel quickly became known as a hot spot for paranormal activity. Business thrived!
Shanahan [2368371]
yea, so here's my story.

you see, i came from an old family in Asia, like, really old. supposedly, our line can be traced back to kingdoms and whatnots, it is said that my family used to hold a region, sort of like, a regent or something. we naturally adapted to modern times, but some members of my family still use their nobility titles. but here's the thing, it is said that since we came from ancient lines, we inherited a sort of "sixth sense." i don't really believe all that jazz but my folks said, that everytime a kid was born/ about to be born, we would bring them to a shaman or sorts, and they would examine the children. they say that if a kid inherited the blood of nobility, along with the sixth sense, the shaman would know.

so, funny thing is, my father came from the direct line of the family, he is by default, the first in line, since my grandpa was the eldest out of 8 children. my mother was a noble too, albeit she only realized that she is a noble when she became an adult. my mother came from a family that used to serve as a steward for an old kingdom (not bullshit, the kingdom is still in my country) so by default, she's a noble, albeit a low noble.

when i was born, as per tradition, a shaman visited us. my mom and dad doesn't really believe those stuffs since they're devout Christians, but my dad inherited the sixth sense too, so he kept a mild amount of skepticism. when the shaman saw me, he instantly said that i inherited the noble blood and the sixth sense. he said that i will face hardships and those "otherworldly" stuffs, but i will excel and thrive. my parents were a bit skeptic about this so they brushed it off. but that night, when they brought me back to our home, something weird happened. it was like, past midnight and they were asleep, i was in a crib inside the room together with them. my mother woke up to drink water but she smelled the smell of cigar, like pure tobacco. she woke my father up, thinking that someone's inside.

keep in mind that my dad quit smoking when she found out my mom's pregnant. and my grandpa, who used to smoke, passed away 2 years before i was born, and he smoked cigarettes, not cigars. no one smoked in that house. my father, who woke up and noticed the smell said something along the line of "don't worry, just get back to sleep. that one is harmless." my mother, was confused about what "that" was, but he followed what my father said, and went back to sleep after checking me in the crib.

morning came and my grandma, who lives together with us said "did he came last night?" and my father said yes. turns out the one who came that night was like, our family's "spiritual guardian" think of something like, Mushu from Mulan, but more like a spirit.

he came when someone inherited the noble blood and sixth sense in my family. and surprise, surprise, i do inherited the sixth sense. it wasn't that unpleasant like how movies depicted it. but yeah, i can sense supernatural creatures, see them even. but not all are scary (some do) but sometimes they just want to introduce themselves, say hi, show you their existence and whatnots. pretty okay actually. and i carries that sixth sense all the way to adulthood, not as attuned as when i was a kid, but i still can use it, i just don't use it all the time to not get distracted during work or class in campus.
MostDeaf [2962204]
Ive had fully opened doors slam right in front of my face. Interior doors. House was built in the 1930s and has at least one confirmed death inside the home.
Adonis_ [2998229]
I've never really had a whole lot of big paranormal experiences, but my grandmas pretty weird. She always gets a feather on her pillow whenever someone in our family is about to die, knows when somebody in our fams going to get in a car crash, and knew my uncle got his wife knocked up before they even knew themselves. Even knew the gender.

I have a similar type of thing where I get deja vu a lot, and can predict things. Nothing crazy though.
MysteryBagMan [2784729]
Ngl I would hate that to happen i'd be like oh crap whos dying now and freak out and trying to figure out who will be dying soon and how to prevent it to happen.
thatlonlykid [3055235]
This isn't a expirience but it is funny:
The source for the word "Satan" is in Hebrew, when it means "devil", and first appeared in the Jewish bible.