Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Notes saving formatted text

Started by GIFTS [2612583] on in Bugs & Issues.

29 replies · 402 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
55 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

GIFTS [2612583]
So this is the dumb shit it is doing and Alot of stuff in my notepad is very important and I cant have it get messed up like this one is!! I was also having trouble with the typing as it would jump from where I trying to type up to the top constantly and it was extremely frustrating trying to type this up!
[image: profileimages.torn.com]
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
It looks like the Notepad is picking up the raw text, treating it as a source code and converting it to formatted text. I had saved up the source code of an old signature in the Notes and I can see the actual signature in the Notes panel instead. This needs to be saved as raw text, without any formatting.

Original notepad:
[image: i.imgur.com]


New notepad:
[image: i.imgur.com]

Passing along to James.

Thanks!
king_jamason [1732919]
When I try to copy and paste something from an attack log for example. I could normal paste it in the notepad and it would be normal size and not bold. But not now.

Also when I manually type something in it will sometimes jump to the top of the notepad.

windows chrome
Anemoon [1565175]
Same issue for me on macbook and iphone 12pro

I normally use my notepad a lot but now it is only frustrating this useless. And i know this is useless info for the developers but i had to vent it out.
Sqweegel [1741247]
I have the same problem here with any HTML that was saved in my notepad. I also don't understand why the orders of the notes were changed.
Rebel25NZ [2885543]
Playing on mobile. Have the cursor jumping to top of notepad issue as well. The notepad is also too big. I have a note on what flowers I have. Refer to it when flying. Notepad now covers too much of the screen.
SkilledApple [2115767]
On mobile and desktop the notepad cursor jumps to the top and doesn’t always save. I have to type a bunch of nonsense and sometimes it’ll save.
Skunkboi420 [2501127]
Yep still having problems with this... Deleting some of the obscure text and trying to type puts u back at the start of that line of text also
Cartel [2336292]
Pretty much same as everyone else. I adjust my notes on mobile with plain font formatting and it still does stupid shit like this when I paste it;

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=10&t=16368668&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=24144791%20Come%20get%20your%20affordable%20weapons

But in my note page it looks like this:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=10&t=16368668&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=24144791 Come get your affordable weapons

Mentions: Weapons 4 Sale

Cloud [109736]
When typing in the Notepad each time I try to type something out the curser/typing line is reset and sent back to the top of the note pad making it very difficult to type anything out. Id you type fast it works but as soon as you stop typing it will reset to the top of the Note pad.

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]