Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Crimes 2.0] Hustling: An In-Depth Guide

Started by Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor on in Tutorials & Guides.

112 replies · 62.1k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 113 / 113 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

KRobert [2038773]
05:08:12 - 03/11/23 You used 2 nerve and critically failed winning on Snail Racing going to jail for 6h 47m

Worst hard fail I seen so far...
Larold [2304383]
I apologize if this is already in your guide and I did not see it, but I love knowing in advance - generally - how much nerve I can expect to spend in an attempt to go from start to skill level 100.

If you don't currently have this estimate but discover it in the future, would be great if you could add. Thanks!
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
I normally add those estimates once maxing a crime has been done by someone and feel like it's something worth discussing, i.e. which is the best path and what other paths' nerve cost looks like.

If you just want a quick guesstimate, I'm CS80 and spent 3k nerve for it, so I'd say roughly 5k should be enough (for reference, SFC used 6k in my case).
nodelore [2786679]
Thanks for this series of useful guide! I have one problem before starting this crime: which path would be safer? When I conduct burglary, I found it reassuring to case until green tick appears, which keeps me away from lots of critical fail. Just want to know whether there are choices like this in the hustling?
Studios [2965797]
Get a handful of audience members and demo each game until at least one audience member has a heart above their portrait, then lose 2-3 times to max their attention, then win until attention is low BUT DON'T EMPTY IT, rinse and repeat until the target leaves due to excessively high suspicion.


Is this generally the meta right now, or do people have variations of this?
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
An alternative I heard of was maxing attention for as many audience members as you're willing to, which usually takes a ton of losses, then alternate winning and losing until people start leaving. I'm unsure how efficient this method is, but in theory it should lead to the most profits, especially if you add a shill and a pickpocket.
Apatxe [2813453]
Have you noticed in the data if there is any correlation with the amount of money made by the pickpocket and your own pickpocket crime level?
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Nice! Extremely close to hitting it myself, gotta process some more data, update the wiki page with newly identified ranges, and start doing proper work on statistics for this crime.

In the meantime: Here's my stats for anyone curious.
Skill: 99.15
Total attempts: 2,507
Nerve spent: 5,714

Successes: 2,433
Fails: 57
Critical fails: 17

Money won: $9,471,610
Money lost: $4,644,829
Shill money collected: $769,395
Pickpocket money collected: $718,722

Additional info: Ten crits were collecting from shills and pickpocket, those untrustworthy pricks...
Eye [2258234]
Additional info: Ten crits were collecting from shills and pickpocket, those untrustworthy pricks...

So avoid collecting from shills and pickpockets for the safest CS gain route?
iron [2428902]
Awesome! I stopped using shills and pickpocket pretty early. Figured the nerve better spent on gather crowds

Skill: 100
Total attempts: 2,479
Nerve spent: ???

Successes: 2,377
Fails: 90
Critical fails: 12

Money won: $ 8,479,441
Money lost: $5,611,024
Shill money collected: $329,832
Pickpocket money collected: $718,722
Pickpocket money collected: $63,936
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Apparently so, proper analysis on crit/failure rate for those two remains to be done, but I'd advise against using them for increasing CS.

However, they remain pretty good for obtaining money, if you just recruit and collect once you're done playing games the money/nerve they give is pretty good, 5k/N and 8.5k/N for me at least, respectively. If you collect whenever there's money available then your profits may take a dip.
Baxia [2456400]
Just unlocked pickpocket. It seems pretty good compared to how much the shill makes you (for obvious reasons duh) but good to know
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Wow that... looks a lot worse than I expected... dunno what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that.

Anyway, plan to update this guide sometime tomorrow or the day after, been slacking off for a few days now ~_~ my sleep cycle is in tatters.