Hi, I put together a proof of concept for an idea that a lot of people might find quite useful.
Use Case:
You are using certain scripts or websites, such as TornStats, TornTools, YATA, BSP, some of these can use between 5 - 10 API Requsts per minute each.
You may not be actively using one or more of these tools, however they can and will continue to use your API Key, unless you either A, delete the key or B go through each site and manually remove your Key. For some sites this may not even be possible.
Pausing the API key would allow the Player to control who can access their account data using their key(s) and when. For example, BSP has been using my API Key to pull random players, however I do not even have the BSP script installed on my current browser, nor have Torn open on any browsers with it installed! So I would like to have the option to pause this API Key temporarily, then once I am using it or need it again I can re-enable it without the need to generate a new key and add it to the script.
Edit: It would also be extremely useful to be able to rename API keys without the need for removal and recreation.
[image: cdn.no1irishstig.co.uk]
Heres how that could look, a simple Pause and Unpause button with some CSS to show that one is currently paused (grayed out)
Use Case:
You are using certain scripts or websites, such as TornStats, TornTools, YATA, BSP, some of these can use between 5 - 10 API Requsts per minute each.
You may not be actively using one or more of these tools, however they can and will continue to use your API Key, unless you either A, delete the key or B go through each site and manually remove your Key. For some sites this may not even be possible.
Pausing the API key would allow the Player to control who can access their account data using their key(s) and when. For example, BSP has been using my API Key to pull random players, however I do not even have the BSP script installed on my current browser, nor have Torn open on any browsers with it installed! So I would like to have the option to pause this API Key temporarily, then once I am using it or need it again I can re-enable it without the need to generate a new key and add it to the script.
Edit: It would also be extremely useful to be able to rename API keys without the need for removal and recreation.
[image: cdn.no1irishstig.co.uk]
Heres how that could look, a simple Pause and Unpause button with some CSS to show that one is currently paused (grayed out)