Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Please set back speed

Started by Bitbug [2332873] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 1.06k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Bitbug [2332873]
The speed limit in Christmas Town is ridiculous It is way tooooooooooo slow even with all the ornaments. Please set it back.
Fuckery [2653035]
The speed is actually infuriating and is making me not want to play. If I spend 15 minutes doing a map and then die and have to do it all again, I just wont do it.

I'm one of the weirdos who genuinely likes CT and finds it fun, and even I don't want to touch it at this speed.
Slug [2174978]
for real lmao, what is with the slug speed. As if it wasn't already painfully slow in previous years
Antril [3021498]
Does no one read the article in the newspaper? There's an entire section about the speed being capped initially.
-MADBALL- [2037982]
chat 2 eating to much memory ..game would crash if speed is up... lol what a crap game u made torn with chat 2.0

You logged out ,merry Xmas
Mobmob [2660393]
oh I've read that.

does not change the fact that this slow af Christmas town makes me stop playing it.

its stupid, its bad and simply a shame. I've played more polished online games when I had to dial up to this fancy thing called internet.
Mobmob [2660393]
Oh that is a good one. Did you come up with it yourself?

I never understand this behaviour. It's like "hey you are not allowed to be verbal about your opinion! But take mine and stfu!"

I will play if i want to and stop if i want to. And I will post that this game is getting worse every month, because that is what i think it is.
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
Damn, Torn Staff really can't win can they?

I welcome the slower, throttled rollout of CT, especially after Halloween (which really wasn't all that bad this year tbh) and Chat 2.0. Nice of staff to change their approach and roll it out slowly, rather than just handing it to us and causing downtime.
weedforever [282052]
sadly xmas town is way to slow ,, yet again ,, torn fails an event ,, nothing new ,, since halloween ,, torn has been slow ,,
Antril [3021498]
Yes, I did, I'm glad you liked it :)

And you can be verbal all you want, doesn't make you right. You must be feeling so though with your declarations but you just pass for an idiot.

As the saying goes, if you have something to say it doesn't mean it is something worth listening to.
Baxia [2456400]
Has not EVERY single event been slow at start and fixed mostly after a few hours? i dont see a need to make a bitching thread every single time that happens ffs find some other way to farm karma
weedforever [282052]
You got that so right ,,, "Has not EVERY single event been slow at start" << this is normal torn .. why cant torn run an event without lag ? xmas town is not new .
LoneGunman [1703824]
Its not just that its slow but I keep getting 'stuck' as well. I keep freezing in one spot and not being able to move for a while - anyone else getting this?
tyl [2529075]
It's a fairly horrible experience. Lag, slow walking, freezes, combo chests failing to properly show results....

:(