The speed limit in Christmas Town is ridiculous It is way tooooooooooo slow even with all the ornaments. Please set it back.
Please set back speed
Started by Bitbug [2332873] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 41
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Fuckery [2653035]
· 22 likes ·
The speed is actually infuriating and is making me not want to play. If I spend 15 minutes doing a map and then die and have to do it all again, I just wont do it. I'm one of the … - Antril [3021498]
· 9 likes ·
Does no one read the article in the newspaper? There's an entire section about the speed being capped initially. - bogie [148747] Admin
· 8 likes ·
It will start slow as we analyse performance and increase it as necessary.
The speed is actually infuriating and is making me not want to play. If I spend 15 minutes doing a map and then die and have to do it all again, I just wont do it.
I'm one of the weirdos who genuinely likes CT and finds it fun, and even I don't want to touch it at this speed.
I'm one of the weirdos who genuinely likes CT and finds it fun, and even I don't want to touch it at this speed.
far too slow now =(
for real lmao, what is with the slug speed. As if it wasn't already painfully slow in previous years
Does no one read the article in the newspaper? There's an entire section about the speed being capped initially.
chat 2 eating to much memory ..game would crash if speed is up... lol what a crap game u made torn with chat 2.0
You logged out ,merry Xmas
You logged out ,merry Xmas
Well, I'll be honest, while I read the article I completely glossed over the speed part.
Well back to enjoying CT then!
Well back to enjoying CT then!
oh I've read that.
does not change the fact that this slow af Christmas town makes me stop playing it.
its stupid, its bad and simply a shame. I've played more polished online games when I had to dial up to this fancy thing called internet.
does not change the fact that this slow af Christmas town makes me stop playing it.
its stupid, its bad and simply a shame. I've played more polished online games when I had to dial up to this fancy thing called internet.
So....don't? Come back tomorrow?
It will start slow as we analyse performance and increase it as necessary.
Oh that is a good one. Did you come up with it yourself?
I never understand this behaviour. It's like "hey you are not allowed to be verbal about your opinion! But take mine and stfu!"
I will play if i want to and stop if i want to. And I will post that this game is getting worse every month, because that is what i think it is.
I never understand this behaviour. It's like "hey you are not allowed to be verbal about your opinion! But take mine and stfu!"
I will play if i want to and stop if i want to. And I will post that this game is getting worse every month, because that is what i think it is.
Please tell me the staff asked Santa for better servers
Damn, Torn Staff really can't win can they?
I welcome the slower, throttled rollout of CT, especially after Halloween (which really wasn't all that bad this year tbh) and Chat 2.0. Nice of staff to change their approach and roll it out slowly, rather than just handing it to us and causing downtime.
I welcome the slower, throttled rollout of CT, especially after Halloween (which really wasn't all that bad this year tbh) and Chat 2.0. Nice of staff to change their approach and roll it out slowly, rather than just handing it to us and causing downtime.
yeah i read it... someting with the police blabla... this is a crime game - f**k the police!
sadly xmas town is way to slow ,, yet again ,, torn fails an event ,, nothing new ,, since halloween ,, torn has been slow ,,
Yes, I did, I'm glad you liked it :)
And you can be verbal all you want, doesn't make you right. You must be feeling so though with your declarations but you just pass for an idiot.
As the saying goes, if you have something to say it doesn't mean it is something worth listening to.
And you can be verbal all you want, doesn't make you right. You must be feeling so though with your declarations but you just pass for an idiot.
As the saying goes, if you have something to say it doesn't mean it is something worth listening to.
Has not EVERY single event been slow at start and fixed mostly after a few hours? i dont see a need to make a bitching thread every single time that happens ffs find some other way to farm karma
You got that so right ,,, "Has not EVERY single event been slow at start" << this is normal torn .. why cant torn run an event without lag ? xmas town is not new .
Its not just that its slow but I keep getting 'stuck' as well. I keep freezing in one spot and not being able to move for a while - anyone else getting this?
It's a fairly horrible experience. Lag, slow walking, freezes, combo chests failing to properly show results....
:(
:(