I don't know if apps are actually using that field, but the field has been there for over 8 months as that when I documented it for myself so it's not unlikely that someone is. It might be fine in this case, but it might not be either, we both don't know.
I can revert the changes if this is an emergency, but this is getting really f**king tedious. I don't know how to work like this. I can either try to fix the API and continuously make it better, or leave everything how it is permanently. I can't tiptoe around like this, or ask permission before I make any changes - I don't know which specific scripts are using what specific fields. I'm busy enough as it is.
I don't think it's as critical here to revert.
It's not about asking permission, but letting us know that stuff will very likely break. Some changes are more critical and should be communicated sooner, but the fact we need to either read B&I threads or potentially our error logs to know that you've pushed a breaking change. We have "Ched's API changes that could break our tools" for a reason. Unlike new additions to the API, waiting on the patch notes isn't really viable either.
Currently the development community relies on someone to read your B&I replies, post in the "TornAPI" Discord that I own and that way someone from my team can notify everyone with an @everyone ping in there.
Don't forget, I'm here for you - I'm doing this work for you - the developers that use Torn's API. I really don't appreciate that attitude.
I do know that you've put quite some work in the API already, all for us to be able to develop tools, and I do appreciate the result. But that doesn't mean that I enjoy the way we always get to the result. Broken tools result in us getting complaints. If it's our fault or we rely on stuff that we can assume change (like stuff on the page itself and using classnames and ids) then that's fine. But if it's because you've pushed a breaking change to the api that we didn't get any notice about then it does cause us a lot of frustration as we often have to look for the cause as well.
I might have worded my message a bit too harshly though, and I do apologize for that.