Having just seen this thread it reminded me of an annoyance I have.
I think the ability to make the weapon mods "sticky". I.E making the mods stay with the weapon whether it's equipped or not, until* you physically unequip them would be a decent QoL improvement.
*Ohadik suggested an improvement below which I fully agree with: Having the mods be in a "pool" where it can be applied to any weapon (much as it is now) without the automatic unequipping when swapping loadouts/weapons. But retaining the ability to attach them by directly transferring from one weapon to another.
Edit. To expand further. If for example you have a RW Assassinate that you only use Hair trigger and Laser on and you switch to another weapon which you only ever equip sight and light on.
As it stands it requires multiple operations.
If the mods were sticky to the weapons it would alleviate this completely.
It's a PITA for anyone with more than one loadout switching back and forth removes the mods and puts them in limbo until re-equipped.
Over to you Torn, what say you?