A new newsletter just dropped and it got me thinking. In the past I have always gone with the energy option as it is very useful for warring and such. But with crimes 2.0, and the money + awards/merits that comes along with them, it got me thinking. Which one is worth it now?
Newsletter Energy vs Nerve
Started by ultraman [55651] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Qfiffle [2557282] Committee
· 6 likes ·
If you use that energy to replace a xanax in a stack, it's also effectively way more than 250e, because you're saving yourself a lot of otherwise missed regeneration. You can stack from 0 to just over 900e very very …
Im a big crime clicker in the game, but its always been energy for me.
I'm definitely going with the freebie nerve. With OC 2.0 right around the corner, any extra freebie nerve is definitely worth it.
That's situational of course. Newer players doing happy jumps would see more benefit, no doubt, from choosing the energy over nerve.
Account age, and how well established you are will play a big part in this poll.
-edit-
(I should note that saving for war E... Half the time I never use it, and it's wasted.)
That's situational of course. Newer players doing happy jumps would see more benefit, no doubt, from choosing the energy over nerve.
Account age, and how well established you are will play a big part in this poll.
-edit-
(I should note that saving for war E... Half the time I never use it, and it's wasted.)
A wise philsophogangster once said "It's better to be caught with it than caught without it."
War energy, everytime.
War energy, everytime.
Would have been more of a question if the rewards were 500 nerve or 250 energy. Energy is so much more useful and can be used for multiple things/ mugging/ training/ war/ chaining vs just crime exp? Energy all the way unless it was 500 nerve perhaps
Energy cuz gym number goes brrrr
Unfortunately a Nerve refill is inherently worth less than 250e.
Can't use your nerve refill to assist in a war, or a territory dispute, or really anything meaningful other than 1 days worth of a nerve refill every quarter.
Can't use your nerve refill to assist in a war, or a territory dispute, or really anything meaningful other than 1 days worth of a nerve refill every quarter.
Definitely feel like saving for war e is still the best bet
If this newsletter had been available before VDay, there'd have been no question. Given it's late arrival, I'm 50-50 on this one
Free Energy always for me.
Until an event is added like World Population Day (Double Attacking Experience Gains) but for Crime Experience. Then I would think twice about how I'm going to use that corresponding newsletters Freebie.
Until an event is added like World Population Day (Double Attacking Experience Gains) but for Crime Experience. Then I would think twice about how I'm going to use that corresponding newsletters Freebie.
a crime day would be cool actually, we do already have alcohol related events but nothing specifically for crime
6 votes for nerve by 6 absolute imbeciles
The ability to pull energy out of your .. pocket when needed, is extremely valuable. Saving that newsie for the right war or event and making those 10 hits count can be a tide turner.
With that said, there's a part of me that wants to yolo and use it on nerve and exhaust as many crimes as i can in instant gratification satisfaction, but the emergency energy is just too good of a resource to waste on intrusive thoughts.
With that said, there's a part of me that wants to yolo and use it on nerve and exhaust as many crimes as i can in instant gratification satisfaction, but the emergency energy is just too good of a resource to waste on intrusive thoughts.
Good question dude, im thinking when the bigger crimes come out, it will at least no longer be automatic to go for Energy.. The Cracking i feel is already almost at that point
Ok, so... I'm a terrible example for this particular topic, but I opted for nerve for the last newsletter and plan to do so again.
The energy is better in every way, both in usefulness and amount given, considering that 250E requires either one xanax or plenty of energy drinks to obtain, while the nerve given is significantly less, cheaper to obtain with alcohol and harder to obtain with cannabis. However I used the last freebie for a boost when burglary dropped, and plan to do so again when forgery releases since that's my personal preference and current gameplay focus.
Objectively I advise everyone to go for the energy freebie during an attacking event or a ranked war, but I prefer nerve since I often forget to use the newsletters otherwise.
The energy is better in every way, both in usefulness and amount given, considering that 250E requires either one xanax or plenty of energy drinks to obtain, while the nerve given is significantly less, cheaper to obtain with alcohol and harder to obtain with cannabis. However I used the last freebie for a boost when burglary dropped, and plan to do so again when forgery releases since that's my personal preference and current gameplay focus.
Objectively I advise everyone to go for the energy freebie during an attacking event or a ranked war, but I prefer nerve since I often forget to use the newsletters otherwise.
Consider that with 250 energy one could convert 10 players from measly scissors into glorious rocks.
Even if the nerve is 250 (didn't check what it was) in crimes 1.0 it's still only 6.75m worth of profit on average. 250E is worth way more.
It's a noob trap and Ched shouldn't have it there. It only harms the clueless.
It's a noob trap and Ched shouldn't have it there. It only harms the clueless.
If it was 250 nerve I'd consider it, but 100? Nah. My daily refill is already 120, soon to be 135 nerve when pub perks kick in. It's just not worth compared to the 250 energy.
Really depends on how you value your booster CD. For players that can go either way with it. It's very circumstantial.
I know that the newsletter is a straight up bonus with no booster. But it's still relevant to mention.
I know that the newsletter is a straight up bonus with no booster. But it's still relevant to mention.
nerve is simply not worth it when most players can turn the energy into money from ranked wars or mercing (or a big happy jump for new players), not sure why they bothered to add it as a separate option instead of giving both