Hey all, with all the recent threads on ranked war I figured I would offer my suggestion for a ranked war rework. I've talked with quite a few people who do a lot of wars, as well as faction leaders and low level/low stat players and took a lot of inspiration from ranked modes in other games. Feel free to tell me why I am an idiot tho, but I genuinely think this is the best way to handle ranked wars.
Why Ranked Wars Suck
Currently, ranked wars feel very rushed and meaningless, with both winners and losers getting rewards, it being more profitable to term wars in higher ranks, and too many abusable systems. My proposed solution to this is to create a ranked war season as opposed to ranked war ranks being a permanent thing.
Ranked War Seasons
First, at least as a trial, I think a ranked war season should last at minimum 6 months. During this time, you are locked to whatever faction you are currently in. An alternate solution is that you can leave your faction and join another faction during ranked war seasons, but you cannot participate, both getting hits and taking hits. You could still chain watch and do callouts to help out the faction that you are in, but you cannot actively participate in ranked wars.
During this time, everyones rank is reset to zero, and you have to rank up the same way you did when ranked wars came out, with rewards and everything being the same for winners and losers getting nothing. This in turn would give factions a reason to quit terming wars as everyones rank has reset, and you get absolutely f**k all for losing. This should also bring the value of ranked war caches up as well, which is a complaint I have seen and heard from numerous people.
Ranked War Weapons
My other proposed change is that ranked war specials are only active during the ranked war season, at least during wars. Your 19% plunder dbk can be used outside of ranked wars whether you got it in the current season or not, but during wars your bonuses mean nothing. This will also give factions more reason to participate in ranked wars since in order to stay competitive you will absolutely need new ranked war weapons every season. This also should help eliminate the terming issue as well, as if losers getting nothing for some reason was not enough.
Ranked War Matchmaking
My last and final change I would like to see made is to ranked war matchmaking. A huge issue with the changes that I have provided would be that some ranked war matchups would be flat out unwinnable, and while some people might not care, esp those in factions that will more than likely just win every war, I don't exactly see this as being a healthy thing for ranked wars or the game overall. So I would like to see battle stats play some sort of part in ranked wars, that way realistically every ranked war is reasonably winnable by either faction.
I'm fully aware that a lot of these changes are quite large, and that a lot of them can be seen as controversial, but I think overall this overhaul would be the healthiest thing for ranked wars and make them more competitive and profitable and would stop the terming that everyone complains about all the time.
I'm open to any and all feedback and suggestions as well, this is just the conclusion I've come to after talking to a dozen or so different people on the current state of ranked wars.
Why Ranked Wars Suck
Currently, ranked wars feel very rushed and meaningless, with both winners and losers getting rewards, it being more profitable to term wars in higher ranks, and too many abusable systems. My proposed solution to this is to create a ranked war season as opposed to ranked war ranks being a permanent thing.
Ranked War Seasons
First, at least as a trial, I think a ranked war season should last at minimum 6 months. During this time, you are locked to whatever faction you are currently in. An alternate solution is that you can leave your faction and join another faction during ranked war seasons, but you cannot participate, both getting hits and taking hits. You could still chain watch and do callouts to help out the faction that you are in, but you cannot actively participate in ranked wars.
During this time, everyones rank is reset to zero, and you have to rank up the same way you did when ranked wars came out, with rewards and everything being the same for winners and losers getting nothing. This in turn would give factions a reason to quit terming wars as everyones rank has reset, and you get absolutely f**k all for losing. This should also bring the value of ranked war caches up as well, which is a complaint I have seen and heard from numerous people.
Ranked War Weapons
My other proposed change is that ranked war specials are only active during the ranked war season, at least during wars. Your 19% plunder dbk can be used outside of ranked wars whether you got it in the current season or not, but during wars your bonuses mean nothing. This will also give factions more reason to participate in ranked wars since in order to stay competitive you will absolutely need new ranked war weapons every season. This also should help eliminate the terming issue as well, as if losers getting nothing for some reason was not enough.
Ranked War Matchmaking
My last and final change I would like to see made is to ranked war matchmaking. A huge issue with the changes that I have provided would be that some ranked war matchups would be flat out unwinnable, and while some people might not care, esp those in factions that will more than likely just win every war, I don't exactly see this as being a healthy thing for ranked wars or the game overall. So I would like to see battle stats play some sort of part in ranked wars, that way realistically every ranked war is reasonably winnable by either faction.
I'm fully aware that a lot of these changes are quite large, and that a lot of them can be seen as controversial, but I think overall this overhaul would be the healthiest thing for ranked wars and make them more competitive and profitable and would stop the terming that everyone complains about all the time.
I'm open to any and all feedback and suggestions as well, this is just the conclusion I've come to after talking to a dozen or so different people on the current state of ranked wars.