Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Does crime really pay

Started by Whataburger [1647397] on in General Discussion.

27 replies · 902 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Whataburger [1647397]
Will it pay better in crimes 2.0 what if I wanted to hack all day I’m not able to do to there isint enough crimes in empty the list of targets so fast but besides that it’s usually just a side income what if I wanted to be a loaner isolate and just commit crimes could I really get rich or you have to diversify I’m sure in the real world there is some rich people that only deal in certain crimes and flourish why not here


also I wonder if there will ever be a time we can take goods from one country to another and sell back to torn for profit and not just on the market like if Xanax was one price and we went somewhere else with it to sell we could and make a profit just curious
Zasty [2131289]
Well I mean, they are a money sink if you can afford buying more beers and doing daily nerve refill to do even more crimes, but still less than starting up a new company and managing it all by yourself.
Pete1994 [965235]
Only money making to be had is getting the enhancers, or accompanying component/enhancer/specials and selling them early or if they're in high demand like HCPUs were for cracking
Gabriel-kafka [2091725]
As a person who was doing arson continuously in crimes 1.0, Dead body disposal, cracking tough servers in crimes 2.0 is giving me more money. But I cannot ignore other crimes and only focus on higher profitable crimes because I have to reach level 100 in all crimes. Once all the crimes are released and I have reached level 100 in all of them, My focus would be CE build and then profit.
Beerson [1576144]
You know what? I love AI now:
[image: i.imgur.com]

The All Father already answered in his infinite wisdom, so all I can do is to second this: "Crimes 2.0 so far absolutely sucks dick for making money"

On another note, hauling items between countries for profit is a good idea, which means Ched won't implement it. And even if he implemented it, it wouldn't be worth the time and effort, just like money making in Crimes 2.0.
VCR [2687434]
Currently, no. But the trend is a regular ramp up of profit (kinda, Forgery is weird, materials are expensive, which in turn makes earlier crimes more profitable). I'd say it helped speed up PA team for me, but supposedly OCs 2.0 is "soon", and no idea if that will be better or worse for profit when it launches (probably worse).

I don't care much about profit (it would just go to more alcohol anyways), I just want my NNB to be large enough to never get full again.
Mizadil [2640357] Committee Committee
If you're going to feed OP to an AI, might as well have it formulate an answer. Gemini actually did a half decent job:

Here's what to consider:
  • Profitability: We don't have all the details yet, but some crimes in 2.0 might be more lucrative than hacking.
  • Target Depletion: You're right; hacking can burn through targets quickly. This downtime could hinder your income potential.
  • Diversification: While real-world criminals specialize, Torn City might be different. Balancing high-profit crimes with readily available targets could be more efficient.
Here's a suggestion: Try a mix of crimes in Crimes 2.0. Focus on ones with good profit margins and readily available targets. Keep an eye on community discussions and Torn City news for the latest information on the most profitable crimes.

International Smuggling (Speculative):

There's currently no information on international smuggling in Crimes 2.0. The developers haven't hinted at this feature, but it's an interesting concept.

While international smuggling seems unlikely in the immediate future, it's fun to speculate! Keep an eye on developer updates for any future additions to Crimes 2.0.
Beerson [1576144]
WYM, the answer is garbage, exactly what you'd expect from a bot that doesn't play Torn, which is why I didn't do that, you'd have better luck asking SMTH, at least their bots play the game.

No crime in 2.0 is more lucrative then hacking, hacking quite literary can't burn thru targets and balancing high profit crimes with readily available ones is the opposite of more efficient.

The fact that a committee thinks this bad AI answer is good explains the state of Crimes 2.0 quite well.
pussy [2797641]
negligent to not switch anyways tbh, hacking is ok but 300k-500k feels little when you can fly once for way more