Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Why do I sub?

Started by CoolguyRuler [2183404] on in General Discussion.

30 replies · 1.1k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CoolguyRuler [2183404]
As I was going about my daily business of being a hardcore casual forum poster, some newb asked me why I would ever pay for a free game.

Indeed it is a question I have been asked by many of my friends, considering i've been subbed for about three years I think I've paid about $200(still less than rimworld mind you)

The answer lies, of course, in many facts:
1. The minor amount of 5$ a month. I make about $2000 a month and if I'm that desperate I can't go out and buy a drink, then I've lost my job.
2. The value of it. No I'm not talking about how many books I get(some people perceive it in this way) but in the value of torn in my life. I like the game alright?
3. Longevity. Connected to 2, but have all ever tried to host a website? It's expensive not to mention all the staff, glad to pay a part of that fee, also bogie's a great CM/joker. 5$ a month is well worth all the laughs I get from him absolutely dunking on D3.
6. Dab on them haters. Blue star/name is something of a bit of prestige, and in another 15 years I'll have a blue name!
5. Faster and more E? Dunno, this seems like kinda a lacklustre benefit cause I'm a semi-retired player.
5. The point draw? Yeah haha now I'm just listing off things from the donator house.(Also point draw is useless)
4. Did you notice I doubled 5?
7. Did you notice 4 and 6 are switched?
8. Did you notice that I ran out of ideas as to why I sub?
9. Did you notice this list is bullshit?
10. But the first half still has valid points.
11. I'm going to stop now.
Chris [2685588]
1) The subscription is pretty cheap...

2) I'm lazy and i know i would forget to renew my membership with DPs (i forget to renew my P.I rent all the time)

3) I love this game so it can have some money from me
TequilaKing [2797424]
If you enjoy the game and play regularly, the right thing to do would be to support it if you have the means. If you dont have the means, fly, war, do what you need to do and buy a DP.

These developers have families and living isn't free.
Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
Got me thinking, if you're looking at subscriptions alone I pay about double to support Torn Underground than I do to support Torn.

Nobody ever accused me of having my priorities straight though.
Krow [3131637]
I was once in a place that people know about but don't visit unless they do bad things and one day there was a thing that was done but nothing was done about it and then it was over and everything changed and HAHAHA NOOB SKILL ISSUE GET GUD.
Necess [3191404]
:: was hoping this was a thread about subs over dubs and was highly disappoint when it turns out that this thread isn't about that at all ::