Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Tampermonkey] AquaTools

Started by AquaRegia [1551111] on in Tools & Userscripts.

247 replies · 22.8k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 248 / 248 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

WNorkle [1890644]
I'm having the same issue on Brave this morning. Tried flushing cache, restarting the browser but I'm unable to get to the settings page.
MrRightSA [2652679]
Mine seems borked now on Chrome. Settings isn't displayed for aquatools, using a direct link to it doesn't open it, stocks don't sort, people don't get stalked etc.

If I switch it on and off, it works on that page until I refresh. I seen Tampermonkey updated yesterday, I wonder if it's related.
kok [2316623]
Broken for me too. Where can I find the data scrip stored in tempermonkey? I'im interested in extracting the chain list.
WNorkle [1890644]
It seems to be a TamperMonkey and Brave/Chrome thing. Switching to ViolentMonkey as my script manager resolved my problems. I'm still using TamperMonkey with FireFox and the script works properly.
_los_ [2962012]
Updating Brave to 1.65.114 broke Aquatools in Tampermonkey for me. I'll try ViolentMonkey, thanks for the tip!
AquaRegia [1551111]
Latest Chrome update appears to have broken everything for me, the culprit seems to be an ajax call to https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=bhc&step=send (whatever that is), which returned invalid JSON.

As a quick fix I've simply ignored any ajax calls to that specific URL in version 2.3.9.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I'm aware a lot of modules are having problems, I just don't have the time or energy to fix anything in the near future.
Aragorn72 [2970792]

Had an issue where the status icon sometimes not showing on Firefox with TamperMonkey. Gradually got worse until I can't access the setting page anymore. Tried switching to ViolentMonkey just for AquaTools and it works flawlessly.

Rothshield [3141884]

I use vault sharing, but it aint working anymore since this morning. Also the Aquavault icon does not appear anymore. I use Firefox as well ass Chrome on a pc. I use tampermonkey. I did an uninstall and install. Disabled all extensions and only installed Aquatools in Tampermonkey. Unfortunately the icon isn't visible and vault sharing doesnt work.

WNorkle [1890644]

The piece I miss the most is the vault tracker. TornPDA does it for me - but I prefer to have it visible in the desktop browser since that is where I spend most of my time in the game. 

Kwack [2190604]

AquaTools is published without a license iirc and any developer who forks or modifies and publishes it is will be breaching copyright. 

Whom [1832980]

I think this is a torn change and not Chrome related:

sorry for noobness but posted the function in gemini:

This JavaScript code appears to be tracking user interactions with buttons and links on a webpage. Here's a breakdown of its functionality:

Overall Goal:

  • Captures user interactions (mouse enter/leave, click, key press) with buttons and links within a designated container (#mainContainer).
  • Stores this interaction data locally for a period and transmits it to a server-side script (page.php).

Key Components:

  1. Initialization (runTracking function):

    • Defines variables like delimiter (used for building IDs), sendAmount (threshold for sending data), pool (object to store interaction data), and currentHref (current page URL).
    • getId function: Generates a unique ID for an element based on its position and size relative to the mainContainer.
    • Event Listeners on #mainContainer:
      • mouseenter: Records the time a user enters a button or link.
      • mouseleave: Removes the interaction data when the user leaves the element.
      • mousedown: Records the time a user clicks a button or link and stores the element's offset from the viewport.
      • keypress (specifically on Enter key): Records a virtual 'click' for keyboard interaction with a button or link.
      • click: Captures the final click event, calculates coordinates relative to the element, and assembles interaction data.
  2. Data Processing:

    • click event handler:
      • Builds the interaction data object with timestamps (mouse enter, potentially key press, click), click coordinates, element size, element type, text content, ARIA label, href (for links), current URL path, and whether the interaction was triggered via touch or a trusted event.
      • Updates pool object with the interaction data for the clicked element.
      • Manages a local storage array (poolArr) to store the interaction data.
      • Calls sendPool function if the array reaches a certain size (sendAmount) or if a link is clicked and navigates away from the current page.
  3. Data Transmission (sendPool function):

    • Clears the local storage array.
    • Sends the interaction data (poolArr) to a server-side script (page.php) using a POST request with the data encoded as JSON.

Additional Notes:

  • Error handling (try...catch blocks) are used, but the errors are not logged or reported.
  • The code assumes a jQuery library is available ($ symbol).
  • The script initializes the tracking logic with runTracking() upon document ready.

---

 

I think the custom button is somehow affected by this change and gets removed upon page load.

I had some relative success reloading property page over and over again until the AquaTools button appeared, then I could track vault balance successfully. But ultimately, it was annoying to keep doing so.

Hope this helps anyone involved.

Alphajoe [2651533]

Just curious if this is working or not.  Was looking for a vault tool and this was recommended, but these last posts seem to suggest it no longer works.