Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New weapon changes on type

Started by Xsiam [2844516] on in General Discussion.

82 replies · 1.99k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
83
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Xsiam [2844516]

19:04:13 - 04/06/24 The MP5k in your primary weapon slot has been unequipped. This weapon has now been changed to use the secondary slot.

Was this really necessary? Gotta find a new primary now ffs x)

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Yes, there is an announcement alongside this and we are running a script to adjust the equipment slot for these weapons, that should complete momentarily. 

 

We've had discussions on this and decided that these smaller weapons can be considered secondaries alongside the BTMP9, this is a decision based on their size and feel of portability. 

 

The MP5k, Skorpion, TMP, and Pink Mac-10 have now joined the BT MP9 as secondary weapons. Any players who had these SMGs equipped have had them automatically unequipped. The MP5 Navy, P90, 9mm Uzi, Bushmaster Carbon 15, AK74U, Thompson, MP 40, and Dual SMGs remain as primary weapons.

Mentions: Some SMGs changed to secondary weapons

Xsiam [2844516]

They shoulda had that feeling first hand what a stupid change. All it does is hinder peoples builds. I woulda cried proper if they made the BT primary 

Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Should make all SMGs secondaries they're abs wank, least the idiots who were paying stupid amounts on BTs have been Chedded

Neliex [2857538]

From that announcment what poked my eyes the most is seeing only 1 fella working on OC 2.0 while there is several ppl working on chat 3.0.  Guess I just like crimes.

CockyNudist [2209950]

I think the change makes sense, but also fk u ched u nerfed me' revit bt

 

 

Oh well, maybe I'll upgrade before halloween. 

Talton [2477526]

Were auctions for these weapons taken into account?

Should they not all be cancelled maybe?

 

For example, there's a guy with a top bid over $1b right now for an uzi, I bet he didn't expect to be buying a secondary.

stax [1132977]

Everyone else is talking about the Revit weapons, but this made me think about Pink Mac-10s. I almost posted a suggestion forum that the bonus should work like Poison Mistletoe, stealing the happiness (rather than just buffing yourself) as that's really what "emasculat[ion]" means (you do it to someone else), but the ability to do 14-15% happiness debuffs with simple finishing hits is probably too OP.

ARMENIA4EVER [1955095]

I feel like this is a good thing honestly.  It actually makes sense and allows you to wield an actual capable primary weapon when you think of special ammo, mods, etc.

hammi [2235955]

Like wtf.... chedded fckn again. Ill post what i did in B&I

 

 

19:03:28 - 04/06/24 You unequipped an MP5k (Warlord)

 

 

How exactly does it bring variety to builds, i quite happily had it as a primary whilst i used at bt mp9 for secondary, it has done the exact opposite!!

 

I specifically bought it to have a warlord as a primary!!