Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MLB 2024

Started by Corellion [3175559] on in Sports.

116 replies · 914 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 117 / 117 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
117
Discussion span
→
Authority score
12 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Corellion [3175559]
Opening day 2024, new season, new hope for everyone. Whos your favorite team or player.

I'm a life long twins fan, sad I know. Favorite player currently, Max Scherzer, love watching him pitch.
Geta [1291373]
Dbacks fan here. Lived in Phoenix for 35+ years and was there for the inception of the team.

Moved to Houston a couple years ago, so also very much behind the Astros, unless they play the Dbacks
Necess [3191404]
Favorite players (that are active)
  • Tyler Anderson
  • Brett Phillips
  • Tyler Rogers
  • Evan Phillips
Also, I really hope that Matt Waldron (sp?) works out, because I don't want the knuckleball to become extinct for major league pitchers.

Yes, I tend to like players that aren't superstars, so it's unlikely that I'll ever find official jerseys for them in the team stores.

Favorite team is Los Doyers, but even as a Doyers fan, I can easily see how MLB.com's offseason focus on the Doyer acquisitions made everyone else hate the Doyers in addition to how Doyer fans act at other stadia.
Necess [3191404]
Fun fact: I had my Road to the Show player from MLB the Show 21 have the same windup as Tyler Rogers.

I forget if I modelled my RTTS player pitching style from the Show 22 on anyone in particular, and I didn't get a chance to play the Show 23.
Mr_Vindi [2581942]
I've been rooting for the Giants for 20+ years, but I also follow the Rangers.

Additionally being a Giants fan I am mandated to post, f**k the Dodgers.
Necess [3191404]
So....when do you guys think that MLB will increase the size of major league rosters?

I'm predicting it will be discussed in the next CBA in 2026, due to the widely publicized pitching injuries.
_7_ [1648788]

Braves fan here!!  Losing Strider and now Acuna for the year.....RIP.  Michael Harris aka Money Mike is one of my favorite players as well Kajal.  If I had to choose just one player then I'd have to say Spencer Strider

_7_ [1648788]

he is and need it to continue.  Now Riley is back so hopefully we can keep up a winning pace.  Positive note is when we won the WS, we did it w/o Acuna

Shroomy387 [3151810]

Cubs fan for life (gonna be another 108 years). My favorite players from past are Ron Santo, Kerry Wood (watched his 20 k game), Alfonso Soriano, Sammy Sosa (enjoyed the summer of dingers), Mark Grace, 

 

Non-Cub favorite would have to be Derek Jeter (yeah I know people think he was over rated), Barry Bonds, Satchel Paige, Toni Stone (yeah I learned about her from MLB The Show 24 lol), Henry Aaron, and Lou Gehrig.

 

Currently, I'm a fan of Yordan Alvarez, Cody Bellinger, SHOTIME Imanaga, and Ronald Acuna

--Angel-- [212744]

Belli's been playing with his stance for a while looks like he's getting some power back. 


Personally my fav player is Mookie Betts ...I have.no doubt he's going to be mvp 

Shroomy387 [3151810]

His swing reminds me of Kris Bryant's swing. Uppercut and a lot of rise to his bat. Just hope he stays healthy and has another good year.