They should add rapid chess
8 | r n b q k b n r
7 | p p p p p p .. p
6 | .. .. .. .. .. .. p ..
5 | .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
4 | .. .. .. P .. .. .. ..
3 | .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
2 | P P P .. P P P P
1 | R N B Q K B N R
a b c d e f g h
Started by Coworker [3280976] on in Hobbies & Interests.
Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
They should add rapid chess
8 | r n b q k b n r
7 | p p p p p p .. p
6 | .. .. .. .. .. .. p ..
5 | .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
4 | .. .. .. P .. .. .. ..
3 | .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
2 | P P P .. P P P P
1 | R N B Q K B N R
a b c d e f g h
Chess used to exist here iirc
REALLY! Why would they take that way? I love playing chess!
I'd tell you about the intercontinental ballistic missile gambit, but I've forget it, there's a video for it i think
Levi XD
https://youtu.be/yc91zIltxIo?si=C_M0SW_HYJuFXarS
"A fun and tricky gambit for the White pieces: the Tennison. The Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Variation. Best achieved after Nf3 d5 e4, but can also be added to your 1. e4 repertoire."
Chess960, 10 second match, would be good (with premoves enabled)
was too violent
That would be something at least! I like 5 seconds per move 1 - 5 minute games
Too much Gore? XD
Cheating was rampant by using bots or the ol' "play against the computer on super hard in another tab and mimic it" and there wasn't a system to combat the cheating at the time in Torn and they didn't have the man power to make it either, so they just scrapped it.
Makes sense, That's why I like playing the faster formats of chess! Makes it harder to cheat at least. I play against cheaters just the same, I still learn from paying them! I personally don't get too bent out of shape about it. I just would love to be able to pllay here XD
1. ...g6
I'm on chess.com if you want to play some matches sometime, I mainly play 3 day timer since I don't often have time to sit down for a full game. DM me if you want to play!
I'm up for a game of chess!
I'm up for a game of checkers!
I'm up for a game of...
urm
actually i don't know
!
I’d be all for Torn teaming up with chess.com, as that’s the other site I spend all my free time on
I just got into chess BIG time. Would be awesome if you could play for money here
There is a Torn team on Chess.com. I started it, didn't really work. Fell free to join and take over