Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chess

Started by Coworker [3280976] on in Hobbies & Interests.

18 replies · 238 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Coworker [3280976]

They should add rapid chess

 

 

8 | r n b q k b n r 

7 | p p p p p p .. p

6 | .. .. .. .. .. .. p ..

5 | .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

4 | .. .. .. P .. .. .. ..

3 | .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

2 | P P P .. P P P P

1 | R N B Q K B N R

     a  b  c d  e  f  g h

 

 

Fuckery [2653035]

Cheating was rampant by using bots or the ol' "play against the computer on super hard in another tab and mimic it" and there wasn't a system to combat the cheating at the time in Torn and they didn't have the man power to make it either, so they just scrapped it.

Coworker [3280976]

Makes sense, That's why I like playing the faster formats of chess! Makes it harder to cheat at least. I play against cheaters just the same, I still learn from paying them! I personally don't get too bent out of shape about it. I just would love to be able to pllay here XD 

VaguelyCanadian [2678408]

1. ...g6
I'm on chess.com if you want to play some matches sometime, I mainly play 3 day timer since I don't often have time to sit down for a full game.  DM me if you want to play!