Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

You have decided

Started by Coworker [3280976] on in General Discussion.

95 replies · 3k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 96 / 96 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
96
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

JustJanet [911066] ×1 Yipsy [3303371] ×1

Coworker [3280976]

Hey everyone!

 

If you vote "Leave," I will stop posting new threads in the general forum. Instead, I’ll focus on my events, giveaways, and other content in the other sections of the forums. I will still comment on existing threads in the general forum, but I won’t create new ones there.

 

If you vote "Stay," then nothing changes!

 

I believe in letting the community have a say. While I've joked about "quitting" the forum before, this time I'm serious.

 

 Please let me know how you feel!

 

<3

 

Edit: The community has chosen! GOODBYE!!

 

[image: c.tenor.com]

 

Sebarial [3338599]

One of the first threads I saw was your retirement post. If Torn players weren’t such nerds, they’d have seen the gif of Tom Brady announcing his X’th retirement as the mock retirement it was. I found it funny and I probably shouldn’t be, but I’m disappointed when every comment of yours I see is followed by some idiot asking why you’re still posting. 

You have over 1k posts in 2 months, you obviously enjoy posting. Why would you stop just because a handful of dummies say mean things? Every community is a collection of idiots and Torn is no exception. If you like tap dancing for us, keep dancing when a few start throwing tomatoes. 

Or don’t. Like I said, every community is just a group of dummies and I’m one of ‘em.

 

Either way, something to think about.

nuxx [3054747]

voted "stay"

 

not specifically because of your posts, but i quite like seeing people get so butthurt by them that they have to take the time to reply rather than just look past it, as though there's A) a finite limit on the number of posts Torn's forums can contain, B) a wealth of higher quality posts that your posts are pushing off the first page. you'd think that by now people that don't care for your posts would have learned to see your username in the thread list and just keep going.

 

Elzeothis [2961389]

You should never let the.mob decide your fate, they'll pick the worst possible choice just because they can 

 

 

😄😂🤣

Level100Coochie [2983838]

Like all the best parts of Torn, GD is a PVP experience and should be treated as such. 

Give em Hell and Never Surrender 🫡

Ceb [68232] Committee Committee

I voted stay. Your first post i saw was troll bait and i thought you were intentionally malicious, now i'm pretty sure you're just mildly unhinged and I'm interested to see how long it takes before you lose interest in the forums and if you keep playing afterwards. You might end up a decent player if you redirected your time towards it and that would be pretty fun to see.

hill007 [1616770]

More Lexa

 

Less THEFERRETT

 

oh please... MUCH less ferrett

 

P.S. never listen to the Forum trolls

 

Coworker [3280976]

How would you suggest that I change it to make it more appealing then? I thought general forum was the hopping happening place, if you can't make threads there then it's like holding level 1 or something. Takes everything right out of the game.

MeanMike [1884314]

I mean, if your goal is to actually get input to make a decision you intend on sticking by, you're better served hearing from people you know or have value in their opinions, because like that one dude said, people that dont know you or even care will say Leave just to dunk on you.

 

So I dont think a poll is an actual great idea to determine your path.. I would however, peruse the comments and see if anyone I gave a shit about had thoughts on the topic. If something they say can provide some insight and help you out, than the thread would have been worth it.

 

Def a quality over quantity situation, imo. 

 

As for me, well, obviously, you're a total try-hard, lol. I'm certain you're more than aware of that, but ... You're a positive try-hard, you're enthused about the game and the people in it, and you get people to think and talk about the game more, and that's always a plus and lastly, your forum efforts aren't blatantly karma seeking, like the rest of us buffoons that just slap up anything if we think it will score big. 

 

You just enjoy the game and wanna slightly spaz out talk about it. There's nothing wrong with that.

 

I voted stay

 

 

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Stay.

 

However the quality of some of your posts, especially lately, has been extremely lacking. You must keep in mind that there are some game mechanics you are not privy to, or older players that will have vastly different opinions than you think is "common sense" in your eyes. 

 

The best thing you can do is to stop making polls with one sided discussions... "Your View"... In the title post.

 

You're a level 1, very new to Torn (albeit I think everyone knows this isn't your first account). But a lot of your comments reek of new player thoughts without any understanding of the deeper mechanics of Torn that takes years to develop and understand. 

 

If anything, just take a step back and be a player. Learn the game. Your intentions are good, just badly placed.