Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rob Snow

Started by xThunderSlugx [2174166] on in General Discussion.

26 replies · 1.07k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Rob_Snow [2177733] ×1

xThunderSlugx [2174166]

I know this was discussed years ago when he vanished, but iirc no one at the time really knew what happened. When I was a new player without a bazaar, Rob Snow was who I traded with as a safe trader. He abruptly just disappeared, and only a few players had any insight and what they had was minor. I was going through my friends list and he is still on there, so it got me wondering if anyone ever figured out what happened to him. Did he pass away IRL, did he just quit, was he abducted by aliens? Just curious if anyone ever really figured it out.

 

Rob_Snow

Mentions: Rob_Snow [2177733]

Shooby [2510470]

from what I remember, people close to them that had their socials confirmed it was just burn out from spending dozens of hours online every week trading.

TooMuchTuna [2147498]

Dang, hadn't thought about him in a while. Enjoyed trading and chatting with him. He eventually nuked his trading discord after having quit for a while. He just got burned out and quit.

hedonist [2697411]

i searched abt him couple of weeks ago when I learned that he's been afk for years, and based on his forum post he is busy irl. I still remember back then when some people compare him with Oran on who's a better trader xD

Shooby [2510470]

It wasn't as much as who was better but who scammed you on prices the least 🤣

The market was kinda saturated back then but not nearly as much as it is now so there was more room for profits. Now people are scraping the bottom of the barrel for pennies because literally everyone and their immediate family, extended family and multis are bUyiNg eVeRyTHiNg.

HarryWho [196532]

Rob Snow is a good person. I bought my max PI from him after a long hiatus away from the game and he assured me he won't do any hanky panky during the trade, before the trade or after the trade.

 

Not so much nowadays, whereby some players deem mugging seconds after a trade complete is absolutely fine, the blame lies with the victim for not being up to date to to current trends.

Pakliuvom [1676337]

That's a name I hadn't thought about in quite a while. The last contact I had with him was our final trade on 2019/06/02. He seemed like a good dude so whatever he's doing, I hope everything's going well.